Tca's Annual Show And Shoot

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 24 August 2003 - 05:19 PM

Well, someone has to start. Since I'm one of the one's who got there the latest and probably the one who had to leave the soonest (sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow ... catch my drift) I wanted to say that it was excellent.

I'm new to a lot of this stuff so WOW, there's so much so see. Thank you to everyone to took the time to bring all their toys for us to slobber over. I know the show went well and I assume the shoot on Saturday did too.

I would like to extend by sincere appreciation to Tracie and his family for the kind hospitality, I, and I assume everyone, felt very welcome. It's a wonderful opportunity and anyone who's not a member should consider it strongly and as the description above says, "If you've not been, ya gotta go".

PS- Hawksnest, thanks for the name badge, really nice.

CJR

#2 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:43 PM

Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeease post some pictures of the show in the basement.

Who won the pepper poppers?

#3 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:41 PM

I would also like to extend my thanks and appreciation to Tracie and his family for a great time. Also I would thank Larry, Mike, Tino and Lanna, Phil, Chuck,Dave, Sutton, and all the others who made this southerner feel welcome and at home. It was a great experiece and I enjoyed myself very much. Thank you all for a great weekend that I will never forget. I wish you all the best and hopefully will see you next year. Good luck and best regards, Chris Holtzclaw

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:57 PM

Chris and all the others that were there, great time. Tino, Chuck, Chris, Dave, Phil.......I think I was hit by a German Beer truck Saturday nite, did any of you get the plate number by chance.Anybody got an aspirin? cool.gif
Damon, this is your video clip, I hope all enjoy. Damon busted his cherry last week-end at the shoot. Here's what it looked like!
Damon Fires His First Full Auto Machinegun!

#5 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:45 PM

It sure was a great time,at the shoot,like to thank Traice, Donna and the
club for hosting this event. I had a chance to show my new display there.
The first timer " chopper 28 " ( he diden't tell you ) did real good at the
shoot by takeing second place ,one bullet hole from first place. Nice
shooting Chris. We all had a good time at Brew's sat nite, Mike I think
the aspirin just made it worse. To bad they ran out of some of our favorte
brew there. Well have to let them know ahead of time when were comming

See Ya

#6 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2397 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 25 August 2003 - 06:11 AM

Hi Guys,

Yeah, Saturday night was fun. Needless to say, I didn't get up as early Sunday morning as I had planned. Got home a couple of hours later than I expected.

The show was super and it was great meeting some of the list members and first time attendees. Nice seeing some of the familiar faces again, too!

Congtaulation to Rob (rkr) and Chris (Chopper28) for their shooting prowess as first time attendees. Rob came in first in the Steel PLates (pepper poppers), with a little help from me:-)

Chris came in second in the morning shoot with a score of 96. Great shooting guys. You made the list members proud!

I'll post a few pictures of the event later in the week.

#7 rkr

rkr

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, gun collecting, shooting, model tank building and my family

Posted 25 August 2003 - 08:32 AM

We had a great time at the TCA show and shoot. The Hills and the rest of the Board put together a great event. I saw my first Colt Thompson actually quite a few. Also some neat military guns and accessories. Phil was selling parts and there was a lot of exchange of information and knowledge. Winning the pepper poppers was a great thrill. Tracie's museum was the highlight for me. He has it all when it comes to Thompsons. TCA is planning some great events and exhibitions for the coming year. Please join if you have not already. GIjive took alot of pictures which I hope he will post on the board. Rob Robinson

#8 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 12:58 PM

A wonderful time had by all! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif As usual, Tracie and Donna Hill's hospitality was first rate, and the members got a chance to exchange their wealth of knowledge. Big things coming in the next year, so stay tuned.

A big thanks to "hawksnest" for providing the message board ID cards. It was enjoyable meeting other board members and putting a face to the name (or pseudo-name).

Special congratulations to the first-timers that stole the show, or should I say shoot. May this be the first of many visits, but let some of the rest of us win something next time. Ah, who cares! It is just great to meet, shoot and enjoy the day and the company.

For those of you that couldn't make it this year, we missed you and look forward to seeing you next year.

Roger

#9 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 06:59 PM

Can anyone scan their member ID that was made? I'd like to see how they turned out.. thanks!

#10 Phil Askew

Phil Askew

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:13 PM

I think this was one of the best shows. Everything at the shoot went very well AND safe. I thought the group of Range officers I worked with was one of the best. The displays at Tracies were super! So many people from all walks of life but with one common bond ,THOMPSONS!!!!!!!! Tino, Chuck,Chris, Dave and Mike are the only guys I know that can run a bar out of so many brands of beer. We should of called ahead! Mike, I think I followed that beer truck back to my hotel and as Chris would say " I heard that !" Had a great time guys and hope to see more new faces next year!!!!

#11 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:29 PM

Nick, here's what the tags looked like. And what the hell were you thinking going to a wedding instead of the show!? You could have talked them into doing it at the show. That would look good in the wedding photo's, a hundred or so people with machineguns standing around the bride & doomed.
user posted image

#12 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:35 PM

Mike you are way to funny! Thanks for filming that and the creative editing. Was great to meet you and many of the other members of the board and TCA. Met lots of great people and don't have to tell you that I REALLY enjoyed myself. The Show was unbeliveable...tons of stuff to drool over! And belive it or not I may have Erika talked into the 28 with the .22cal conversion kit and suppressor like she got to try out. I will have to post some pics of that cause that was a hoot! The shoot did not last long enough for me...and the wait to go again is gonna seem like forever! Addicted now...want more.

Special thanks to HawksNest...who basically let me let me shoot his guns until we ran out of bullets! That vid is with his 28 REWAT. It came out great (was it Ohio Ordnance you said did it?) Could never tell that it was REWATED...really looked beautiful and ran without a hitch! Thanks a bunch and please email me your contact info...I have some goodies to send you!

Its late here and I just got done with a 16hr ride back...will get some pics up tomorrow.

Damon rolleyes.gif

#13 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:00 AM

Tell me about it Mike! And we ain't finished yet, I have 4 more to go in the next 6 weeks!

When I am President I am making a law that states if you invite me to your wedding and I go and you end up getting divorced I want the gift back that I gave you, the card, and the money! And an apology letter stating that you're sorry for wasting my time!

PS the pic isn't showing up

#14 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:34 PM

Oh pretty cool! Thank you HAWKSNEST for hooking everyone up with them, I appreciate it!!

#15 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:12 PM

SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS -- SOS!!!!!!!

WHAT, -- YOU KNOW I COULDN'T MAKE IT sad.gif , SO YOUR HOLDING-OUT ON THE PICTURES???? ohmy.gif

OK, OK, OK, IS THIS WHAT IT TAKES!!! dry.gif

PLEASE biggrin.gif -- PLEASE biggrin.gif -- PLEASE biggrin.gif -- POST SOME PICKS. biggrin.gif

(sometimes you guys are so mean!!!) "just kidding" laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Thanks,
Jim smile.gif

#16 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:20 PM

I'm with Jim. Post them! Heck, if anyone has some goodies, email them to me and I'll upload them to my server.

#17 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:29 PM

Ok, Ok...I will try to get some up tonite for everyone. I have some good shots of the shoot but none of the show. sad.gif

#18 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:01 PM

I must say that I too have been waiting rather patiently, yet with some anticipation. smile.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif I am waiting patiently, since it it is recognized that after a wild weekend of eating biggrin.gif , shooting Tommyguns rolleyes.gif , and drinking blink.gif (responsibly, surely), a sufficient recovery period is customary. tongue.gif laugh.gif I am waiting with some anticipation, in order to discover what goes on at one of these 'Tommygun socials,' so I know how to prepare for my first one. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif So, without further ado, by all means, bring on the photos gentlemen!!! biggrin.gif cool.gif Residing in limbo, Walter

P.S. Someome, please, put us out of our misery!!! unsure.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif cool.gif

#19 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:08 PM

Here you go.

Erika took most of the pics I have and she mostly took pictures of me. I am sure that other members have some better pics and hopefully this will spur them into posting them. Sorry I did not have more for you guys and of a better subject! rolleyes.gif

Here is my little pregnant Erika with a suppressed 22cal 28. (This is my favorite!)
user posted image

Here is me getting some expert instruction from a good friend.
user posted image

Here is me and a friend.
user posted image

Here is me and a friend shooting at a evil stick that was coming right at us! Lots of shells in the air here!
user posted image

Here is Mike on the firing line.
user posted image

Me getting my ass kicked at the pepper poppers!
user posted image

Some of the toys that was lucky enough to have the pleasure to shoot.
user posted image

Sorry that I hogged all the shots here. Next time I will be sure to get some better shots of everything to post on the board. Come on all you guys with the good pics...STOP HOARDING THEM! For those of you that missed it...it was a "blast" laugh.gif

Be Good!
Damon

#20 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:19 PM

Aaaaaaaaahhh, that's better. smile.gif cool.gif Thank-you, kind sir. May I have some more posts, please, gentlemen. biggrin.gif Seriously though, TommyGunner, thanks. It looks like you definitely had fun. tongue.gif biggrin.gif Regards, Walter