Tca's Annual Show And Shoot

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4573 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:39 PM

Ok, I've been playing again. Try this and see what happens. It's short only 12 seconds. It's My buddy David and Damon on the firing line.
It's Only 80 Rounds!
Great pictures Damon. Next time I'll wear a hat to hide my grey! biggrin.gif

#22 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:54 PM

Glad I could help Walter...just wish I had more to show than my fat ass! tongue.gif

Mike that las vid is playing upside down...is it on my end? The first one you posted of me plays correctly. I does look good once I bend my neck around though! biggrin.gif

#23 Phil Askew

Phil Askew

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:04 PM

Hey Mike I wasn't kidding. You should blow up your picture to full target size. It would be great out at the range. Its not often we can shoot back! Phil.

#24 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:40 PM

Perhaps Mike's video was placed upside down for Murray? Seriously, looked fine here and a GREAT vid Mike. Thanks!

#25 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 28 August 2003 - 01:24 PM

Chris,

To bad you couldn't have made it to the shoot with your camera sad.gif . I reviewed your internet site "Darklight Imagery" last night and you have quite the talent for catching unque and dazzling moments on film. cool.gif

I'm sure you would have been the envy of the board with pictures of Thompsons you would have taken at the shoot. Maybe next year!!!! wink.gif

Very Nice Work, wink.gif

Jim smile.gif

PS -- My favorite is the "Pine Forest" picture, under "Nature". smile.gif

#26 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:16 PM

Thanks, Jim! I appreciate that a great deal. It's really just a bit of luck, and getting up early...and chiggers. I will be there next year. Don't think the Thompson is quite ready yet, but should be by then. And I will definitely play photo journalist!

#27 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2073 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:12 PM

OK folks,
You have heard how it was by those who are in the know about Thompsons... now it is my turn to say what an incredible experience it was for me and my 14 yr old son, as we attended this for the first time (but I assure you not the last!). We have never been so humbled to look around the room and inside the museum and see SOOO MANY fine exhibits. We can't thank Tracie and family enough for putting on such a fantastic event.
And another thank you to Pat and Dana Wheeler, from MD. They allowed us to shoot their 28s. Imagine a total stranger wanting to shoot your prized possessions - I can't thank them enough! We have many memmories. Now all I need is my own 1928...
Who in MI can explain the rules for full auto ownership here? Frank's book just says "NO", what a downer sad.gif . Any ideas from Michiganders?
Thanks again to all for the excellent experience! Look forward to the future!
Mike and Eric Wank

#28 tcgoll

tcgoll

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 11:35 PM

I have never been to this Shoot, but I have made the Western thompson shoot 2 out of the last 3 years. I had a great time in Az. and hope to make the eastern shoot and show next year.

#29 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4573 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 29 August 2003 - 06:42 AM

To own a machinegun in Michigan, it must be a C&R gun. And you must apply for a C&R license. It only cost $30 for 3 years to have the permit. But you can only own C&R guns. But the Thompson's are C&R along with many many others. Check out the ATF web site for the list and also for the form to fill out.Good luck.

#30 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 31 August 2003 - 12:21 AM

Any Pics of the Show???

#31 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2411 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 31 August 2003 - 12:19 PM

Devlin,

Here a couple of pictures from the show. Full Auto 45 (Mike) by his table and Phil with his parts. The steel plates shoot was a lot of fun! Rob (rkr) took first honors.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#32 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

Point of clarification, with all due respect, regarding machinegun ownership in Michigan, not all Thompsons are C & R. Most West Hurley Thompsons are not classified as C & R weapons. If you want to play with a TSMG here, you have to pay the big bucks.

If you just want to shoot full-auto, there are much lower cost C & R alternatives. Reising Mod 50, M2 carbine, S & W Mod 76, Sten, to name a few.

Whatever you decide to get, happy shooting!

#33 fred

fred

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My 1928AC, MGs in general, 1960's toys.

Posted 31 August 2003 - 04:00 PM

The only full auto Thompson that is NOT C&R is the West Hurley model 1928, in the non-commorative version.

Fred