Lower Frame Assembly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JDG

JDG

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:WW II military guns. Old Mopar hot rods and '73 to '79 Ford trucks. Peering through my telescope at the stars and planets. Riding my dirt bike and back packing.

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:56 AM

Has anyone bought one of these for a '28 from IMA or Ohio Ordnance or from anywhere else? Ohio sells them for $100 less than IMA, I am wondering what condition they are in from either business. Has anyone used on a Westy Hurley? Thanks for any input.

#2 kyle

kyle

• Regular Group
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:13 AM

I bought a complete 28A1 kit from IMA. The parts were great. HTH.

#3 leid

leid

• Regular Group
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Military history, hunting, NFAs.

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:32 AM

JDG,
I have several from IMA. All are Savage, they show no wear at all, condition on all is excellent to near mint. But I think the quality is not quite as good as it used to be according to what I have seen (running low?).
OOW sounds like a good company to deal with so I am giving them some business now. Call them and ask for an honest evaluation of their parts and their return policy.
My Savage frames work and fit fine on Colt & Savage guns but I don't have a WH to try it on.
Good luck,
Carey

#4 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

I ordered the whole 28 IMA parts kit, and the frame was an outstanding AO. I use it on my WH because it's better quality than the WH that came on the gun -- more machining, such as the slot for the back of the stick mags. I also find that drums fit a little better. The finish was good to like new, but with a few remnants of black paint or protective coating that came right off.

#5 JDG

JDG

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:WW II military guns. Old Mopar hot rods and '73 to '79 Ford trucks. Peering through my telescope at the stars and planets. Riding my dirt bike and back packing.

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:05 PM

Guys,

Thanks for all the input! I decided to go with Ohio as they are $100 cheaper and I figured they are coming from the same source. I spoke with Karl who assured me that the kits were in excellent condition and stated he would pick me a nice one, he sounded like a decent guy so I will trust that he will. I will let everyone know how the frame is when it arrives. Thanks again!

#6 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1006 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:11 PM

JDG: Next time you talk to "Karl" (Michael Krotz, the show guy) at OOW ask him about "Club Tequila". The parts sets I've seen at the OGCA shows are excellent except for the wood which has some dents. Larry

#7 JDG

JDG

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:58 AM

Thanks Larry, I will do that. I am considering getting some other parts from them if this trigger frame is in nice condition.