Video Of Mp44, Mp40, And Thompson M1

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 PK.

PK.

Technical Expert

• Board Benefactor
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Full time gunsmith who loves Thompsons, 35+ years experience.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:18 AM

My Father was a diesel mechanic- he claimed STP was nothing more that the additive used to increase viscosity in regular oil; if you wanted a heavier oil, buy it and leave the STP alone. Right? Wrong? I don’t know. I’ve never even opened a can.

I think Merle is primarily suggesting that the high viscosity will be adequate to drag things down, while providing some heavy film lubrication. I suppose honey would do the same thing, but this would be unwise in bear country.

#42 TactAdv

TactAdv

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Paul says: "... I have to heartily disagree, you don’t sell stuff that breaks the customers gun. Period. There is no excuse for bad engineering in my estimation. "

Okay, nothing to argue with there. You missed my point though, I think. I *meant* what I said, and it goes a whole lot deeper then just a simple 'caveat emptor' diatribe. It is irrelavent whether you are brand new to owning MG's or have been around the block a hundred times...if you are going to own these guns, you simply MUST educate yourself in all aspects......operating peculiarities, proper ammo use, care and maintenance, etc., etc. Acquiring a new type of gun is a mandatory ground-zero learning experience on that piece, no matter how much other experience you may have....if you just unwrap the packaging on it, stuff some in some ammo and go pull the trigger...if anything unexpected happens, it's on your head.
Here's my point in another light: Forget that what Klodzynski was selling was, to knowledgeable folks at least, a pretty much known quantitiy in that it would harm the weapons eventually, but rather ask why are some people are always so willing to alter and modify their guns without the slightest interest in what might be happening to cause it to diverge from it's original design parameters?? If you go and do that, put non-standard parts in of ANY description, I am going to yell and scream at you that's it's your own fault if you hurt the gun......period.
-TomH wink.gif

#43 rsilvers

rsilvers

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (snipershot1944 @ Jul 19 2004, 02:22 PM)
Ron

Aren't you the guy who cleaned up at Devine's auction a couple of months ago? If so, have you tried out those new toys yet? I'm particularly interested in the Virginia State Police M1921 you acquired.

thanks

Snipershot

I don't have them yet. First I waited for signoffs, then I decided not to wait, and want corporate -- but then I waited to get a new C&R in the corp's name to transfer them on, and that added a lot of time. I should have them soon.

#44 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:03 PM

Nice video !