• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 The Moor

The Moor

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:43 AM

This morning I brought one of the Savage milled ejectors and a Savage three piece ejector to work to measure the thickness with a micrometer.

Savage military 3 peice ejector = 0.0323"

Savage commercial milled ejector = 0.0394"

Yes the milled ejector is thicker and if I hold the two together I can see that it is thicker with my naked eye but the difference is very subtle.
Now that I am holding the two side-by-side, the really clear difference is the width of the flat bridge piece. The military ejector is much wider than the commercial.

Savage military 3 piece ejector = 0.389"

Savage commercial milled ejector = 0.307" (exact same as the Colt ejector)

From the information that I have been exposed to, there were not that many commercial Savage model1928 Thompsons made. And as I understand it, some were made using some original Colt parts that were left in Auto Ordnance inventory.
I don't know how many Savage commercial ejectors were available in 1995 but it took me three years to acquire the two that I have (2001-2004). And there has been a slight price increase from the 1995 prices.

#22 AZDoug

AZDoug

• Regular Group
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:03 PM

Well, that is easily fixed, careful use a belt sander can be used to reduce the with of the PK ejector down to .307"

Doug