Jump to content

- - - - -

Found At Gunbroker.com

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimf5


    New Member

  • Regular Group
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 08:48 PM

To All

I was just reading an ad, #11315324, at gunbroker.com for a post ban 50 round drum. It states it can only be sold to an FFL dealer, or law enforcement. I know a class three dealer can buy a full auto wepon with a law enforcement letter, but how about a banned drum. Can a class 1 get the drum? If so this would be a deal for any class 1 with a thompson as they only want $269.00

  • 0

#2 PK.


    Technical Expert

  • Board Benefactor
  • 1588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:CO, USA
  • Interests:Full time gunsmith who loves Thompson's, 43+ years experience.

Posted 25 August 2003 - 09:09 PM

You can get them from Kahr for about $110
  • 0

#3 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

    Respected Member

  • Regular Group
  • 834 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South West Ohio

Posted 25 August 2003 - 09:10 PM


This drum is new production and falls under the same restrictions as Post Ban Hi-Cap magazines; Export, Goverment, Law Enforcement (with letter) or FFL with letter from Law Enforcement. The drums should be marked "RESTRICTED LE/GOV'T ONLY" and are a great deal for anyone who qualifies. The downside is once you leave Law Enforcement for instance (I retire in less than 5 yrs !!) you must sell, trade or give the magazine away or risk being a felon on the day you seperate/retire. Same goes for our HiCap LE mags. Not sure about the Class 1's being allowed to have it. Anyone?

  • 0