• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:22 PM

Got this off of Evilbay today.....I know it will be a dupe .. but I still think it should be a cool Thompson related item to have...

This is a collection of original training films on the Thompson Submachine Gun .45 cal, 1928A1. Topics covered on the films include; Principles of Operation , Description of gun characteristics, trigger action , Assembly and Disassembly , Removing and replaceing groups , nomenclature topics , spare parts and accessories , care and cleaning , assembling. Manual of Arms stoppages and immediate action , sights , loading and firing. Types and care of ammunition. Individual safety precautions marksmanship: Blacken sights to reduce glare, triangulation, sight allignment, range estimation, positions, marksmanship exercises, air targets, "with a complete understanding of how it functions, you can make sure the Tommy Gun will not fail when it's needed most" 97 Minutes Preserved on VHS

Thompson Training Film

#2 kyle

kyle

• Regular Group
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:55 PM

I have it on DVD. Well worth the money.

#3 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:08 PM

I actually got this as a gift for my birthday - unexpected. The video quality is not too good, but it does have good information on it.

Worth adding to a Thompson collectors library, IMHO.

Chris.

#4 2dogsfightin

2dogsfightin

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:38 AM

Bought mine on ebay on dvd..... Money well spent....its as close as I can get until my BATF paperwork clears....waiting.........waiting..........waiting.......My Batf check cleared 6-1. I have got as much in mags and accessories as I do the gun.....waiting ........waiting........waiting.....

#5 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1020 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:15 AM

2dogs: Welcome to the wait. We can all relate to the excitement. It is somewhat like an expectant father and his first child - not a lot you can do to speed it up, but I found pacing back and forth seems to help. rolleyes.gif