Photo
- - - - -

ANONYMOUS Poll...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: How many Sportsman's Club breech oilers did you buy? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Sportsman's Club breech oilers did you buy?

1. One (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Two (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

3. Three (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. Four (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

5. Five (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

6. Six or more (1 votes [5.26%])

7. Ten (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Eleven or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. I'm greedy! (1 votes [5.26%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:09 AM

Ok Hawknest, I will hang in there, and I really appreciate the heads up on the purchase of these parts. I need all the help I can get trying to assemble a parts box for the 28. I, like others, need to know and find the typical parts that tend to break and have a couple of spares around. A couple of bolts at most as I don't really see them breaking but firing pins, extractors and stuff might.I rarely ever venture over to SG to even check them out and it appears there is lots more stuff there than comes in thier mailings.

#22 AZDoug

AZDoug

• Regular Group
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:27 AM

When i get mine in a few days, i will compare to original and let y'all know. I am very good at discerning tooling marks and foming arcana on stuff like this. AFAIC, $9 for a good repro, is better than $35 for repro, and it will be better than some of the old 1920's vintage worn out crap oilers I have had to put up with.

BTW, I got some SG NIW bolts several years ago, and they were new in wrap, Savage.

I think they find this stuff time to time overseas, and don't want to buy the whole warehouse, so they order a couple hundred or so, and if it sells out, they buy more. I had no complaints about my 10 NIW Israeli 1919 barrels I got from them

Doug

#23 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1030 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:49 PM

My oiler arrived today. It was in a celophane wrapper with a label that said "made in India". Doesn't work in my Thompson. See the other thread (my original post concerning these "GI" oilers being for sale at SG) for further details. mad.gif