• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:39 AM

I got a call from my CLEO. He said that they waffled around at SLED (South Carolina Law Enforcement Division) about like John Kerry... laugh.gif First they wanted to be involved in the process and then called back and said they had nothing to do with it....if the Feds said I could have a NFA weapon then they would go along with that ruling..... biggrin.gif He said he would sign my paperwork today cool.gif

#2 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1023 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:42 AM

Congrats! biggrin.gif

#3 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:55 AM

Good deal! Why do sign offs always have to seem to be so worrisome?

#4 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:56 AM

Ya gotta give that CLEO a lot of credit. He didn't just passively wash his hands of the situation and say there was nothing he could do about it. He put some of his own time and energy into the situation and actively pursued the issue, and with a positive outcome at that. His effort should also help grease the skids the next time someone wants an NFA firearm in SC, since SLED has now had to deal with the issue, and has decided there's nothing that they need to do.

#5 2dogsfightin

2dogsfightin

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 03:28 AM

As fars as "greasing the wheels" goes. I have had nothing but green lights with my local law enforcement by simpling promising to allow them to run a couple of 30 round sticks when it comes in. This method appears to be working for my transfering dealer also (his so- in-law used to be my next door neighbor). However I have no actual proof that this works..because I am still waiting............waiting...............waiting..............HEY!!!! what if I offer to allow the BATF shoot it?!?!?!? WAIT A SECOND shouldnt they have their own toys??? Despairation is dangerous. 2Dogs