• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Askew

Phil Askew

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:15 PM

If anybody needs anything I am going to bring my small display cases of small parts. I'll bring a NOS breech oiler so bring your "Indian" one to compare it to! Thanks, guys, can't wait to see everybody again, Phil.

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:50 PM

Phil--
Seems like I saw an earlier post that said there wasn't going to be any vendors this year. Are you putting up displays alone or maybe that information changed. Thanks

#3 Phil Askew

Phil Askew

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

SGT, I was hoping to find a dark alley and deal out of my trunk, cash only.
These display cases are small, but hold a lot of small pcs. I was just going to bring them in case somebody might need an emergency part.

#4 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:25 PM

A wise man you are Mr. A. Excellent idea.

#5 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:24 PM

I have a couple spare new blued 28 savage stripped bolts.....if anyone is interested I'll toss 'em in my suitcase.

some of the best deals I ever got were in back alleys!!! wink.gif

see y'all there!

john

#6 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:19 AM

Phil, John:

Might I suggest, perhaps, a trench coat? You could line the inside with Thompson parts and whatnots, then fling it open to show the wares when an unsuspecting customer walks by! laugh.gif

#7 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:19 AM

Yea, yea ... it could be made out of mole skin !!! laugh.gif

#8 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:02 PM

I'm Back!!

No table setups this year at the "show". But that didn't mean there would be anything in the rooms at the hotel. Hell, some great deals go on inside hotel rooms.

#9 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:28 PM

Mike:

You talk'in guns or women!

#10 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

BOTH!!

#11 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:57 PM

Phil, I need some FIBER DISK for my 28WH, mine fell apart at last week, useing my last one now.
Thanks
See Ya
Tino

#12 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

Tino! Get rid of that fiber disk man! Get an up-to-date synth model. I think PK sells them, and at least one vendor in the FAQ.

#13 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:03 PM

Yes your right ,I'll E mail PK for at least 3 of them, I'm surprise that disk on the 28 lasted that long,it was the one I got with the Tommy when I bought it brand new . When I took my lower off to clean it,crums fell out.

Thamks

See Ya

Tino

#14 Phil Askew

Phil Askew

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

Tino, I'll ck for you, but Chris is right the new replacements are better. Mike has been in tooooo many hotel rooms. Sounds like fun though. Hey guys we have to make last call on friday night!

#15 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:10 PM

What's wrong with Tuesday nite? And Wednesday and Thursday also. OOOOOH, I feel another ugly week like last year! Or last week for that matter!

#16 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Phil
Mike , if we party like we did at the Creek in April, we would never make it to the shoot Fri. but am sure will make it Fri. nite. I'll be comming in Tues about 1:00 afternoon, after we drop the Tommys off at the NRA vault before 4:00

See Ya
Tino