• 2486 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:55 AM

user posted image

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:17 AM

I wonder if all those survived and are being cared for now?

#3 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1480 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

I'm sure Roger's guns are being well cared for. Did he list any other Thompsons in his ads? I have one of his, a Savage '28 that is PD marked. I'd love to know where it came from.

Bob D

#4 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1630 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:48 AM

Sgt

I would bet that since these were all transferables that most if not all survived. It may be possible one made it to a parts kit but rather doubt it since the papered receiver would be worth quite a bit. I checked Gordon't book and it seems that he has information on 3 of the PAST this date of 1974. They are out there safe somewhere. I have some research I have been working on with ads from the early 80's I can post this stuff eventually when I get it. It should be interesting to compare. I posted back in November last year one just like this. Prices ranged on that one from $3,000 to $4,250 in 1982?. I am guessing on the date as no date shown when it came with my copy of Roger's book when I bought it from him.

michael

#5 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1630 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:50 AM

1982 letter

user posted image

#6 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:00 AM

user posted image

#7 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

I wonder if they marked those 21s and 28n like they were prone to do...I have a BAR that must of been in their inventory at some time and they scrolled their name on the receiver`Law Enforcement Ordnance Company` with an electric engraver...kinda cheesy I think...hope those Colts got better treatment... wink.gif

#8 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:03 AM

Never saw a Cox Colt TSMG with "Law Enforcement Ordnance Company" etched anywhere on the firearm. Can't imagine why he would have defaced a BAR? Might have been done by some PD that had it marked for sale to Cox?

#9 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:01 PM

I was ZERO in 1974!

LOL

#10 AZDoug

AZDoug

• Regular Group
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:43 PM

I was barely able to scrape up $500 for my 1961 Corvette, in 1974. I would have loved the TSMG, but those were out of my reach, and only being 17, i couldn't buy it anyway. By the time I was 23, and out of college, and making good money and could afford the gun, I was living in CA, and couldn't buy it there. I got screwed....smile.gif

Doug

#11 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:30 PM

Predicting the future is a powerful thing grasshopper..1974..I just graduated with an A&P and a B.S. in Management, baby due,$500.00 59 Vette in storage for 2 years...and no job...the last thing on my mind was a toy that went bang.....1st wife is long gone(whew),aviation is a distant dream,kids are all gone,...but I still have the Vette..a great 2nd wife(whew)...and some toys that go BANG!....`Life`s been good to me so far`.... wink.gif

#12 AZDoug

AZDoug

• Regular Group
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:21 PM

I still have the Corvette, also. The guy I bought it from told me to never sell it, otherwise I would regret it the rest of my life.

it didn't look like this when I bought it, though. smile.gif

http:www//.srtarms.com/CVette1R.jpg

user posted image

Edited by AZDoug, 02 August 2004 - 02:23 PM.

#13 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

Thats when I bought my 21 was in 74 ,that was the going prices than, I also paid $15.00 each for two bridgport L drums that I still have

See Ya
Tino

#14 Emmagee

Emmagee

• Regular Group
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

The BAR you have marked this way is a dealer sample. "Law Enforcement Ordnance Company" was simply the importer and therefore required to mark the guns. Roger only marked guns like this that were samples, or what we know refer to as pre-'86 samples.

#15 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:23 PM

Emmagee,...10-4...after that post I talked to Bill Douglas and that`s exactly what he came up with too. Thanks for the input, wink.gif

#16 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:43 PM

Funny thing about youth, most of us just didn't have money back then and if we did, it had to go either to family or career. Even at today's prices, I am in a better position to purchase my savages, than I would have been in the 70s. I had too many of life's priorities back then. Now, I don't have all those expensive youthful dreams-- well, except for maybe more Thompsons. Old cars are nice too.

#17 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:US, German Military WWI & WWII weapons, US, German, British sniper rifles. Virginia State Police items.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:46 PM

Boy, I'd love to have that Virginia State Police M1921. But then, I was only a Junior in High School.

Sniper

#18 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:22 PM

When I bought that 21, I had to get a loan from the bank for it, I told them I was adding on to my house,
thats what I needed the money for. What ever it takes to get it. Do it !!

See Ya

Tino