• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tcgoll

tcgoll

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:29 AM

Just to let some people know. I just bought some very nice 30rd mags from kfranz25@hotmail.com. He had them for $10 each. They were used little if any. I bought all I needed and thought others on the board might need some also. They were mostly Seymour. They are greasy but I cleaned 28 of the in less than an hour. The mags I bought from Tapco were ok but these are about 95%. (I did get 2 Patent dated mags in the last group of 20's from Tapco though.)

#2 JTinIN

JTinIN

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Machine guns and Flintlocks

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up on mags, was thinking of ordering a dozen mags for the new M1.

Wonder if a month later Ken still has stock (have an e-mail into kfranz25 to check)?

Besides Ken and Tapco (which is plan cool.gif, any other option to consider on getting mags?

#3 kyle

kyle

• Regular Group
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:58 AM

I also ordered mags fron Ken and they were very much nicer than the ones I ordered from CDNN. Initially, I was raving about the CDNN mags and, for the most part, they were okay. But, uniformally, they were not as nice as the pic I posted and not as nice as Ken's mags.

#4 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:41 PM

I got some from Tapco and aside from minor rubmarks through the bluing on a few and a small rust spot on one they are brand new. Very nice shape. No dents and all blued (no refinished, not a single dent in fifty mags.
All either Ccorp or Seymour.

john tongue.gif