3 replies to this topic

#1 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:02 PM

Just a headsup for anyone here looking for an original case- 2 grand and even has the original key- Heck I can't find the ones to my suitcase after 6 months

http://www.sturmgewe....cgi?read=48356

Mark

#2 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:05 AM

Anyone ever hear about a Books Trunk company Thompson case?
If so are these 30's era?
thanks
michael

#3 Steave

Steave

• Regular Group
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:38 AM

Yes, they are '30's era trunks; Books Trunk Co. was in Kansas City, MO. I picked up a real nice, 98%, 21/28 Navy several years ago that was originally purchased by the Audrain Co, MO Sheriff's Dep't. in 1933 and remained there until 1980, it was in a Books case and is original to the gun. Thanksfully the Colt is in MUCH better shape than the case!

Steave

#4 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:54 AM

Was anyone able to purchase this case. I sent the person who made the post at his request photo of a Brooks case which I owned. He then phoned me and stated he wanted $2,000. - I agreed if he would send photos of his case, something he never did - then the case was offered on several sites for $2,000 or best offer. I know of one person who made a offer of $1500. Have sent several E mails - no response! Strange..