- - - - -

Need Tracer Rounds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:15 PM

Have a night-range coming up, and would love to show off the Tommy with some tracer rounds. Does anyone have a good source for 30~50 rounds?

#2 Dylan

Dylan

• Regular Group
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

Last I checked, Sportsman's Guide has 45 ACP tracers for sale.

-edit- Here's the link http://www.sportsman...cb.asp?a=147090 -edit-

Edited by Dylan, 14 August 2004 - 08:20 PM.

#3 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1722 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:40 AM

If I had just a little more time on my hands, I'd make you up a batch, but it the price for 50 proves to high, and you have a little time to go, let me know, I might be able to help. Right now, though my loading bench is in pieces as I'm moving my gun room to another part of the house. I could just make up the bullets if you want to do the loading. That wouldn't be to tough to squeeze in to the schedule.
Dan

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4627 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:02 AM

When is your shoot Chris? The big Kentucky show is September 11-12, and I know they have rounds there. And the 1500 in Indy is in 2 weeks, I could pick you up some there.

#5 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1261 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:03 AM

How about Neal Trickel in Monroe, Wisconsin? He may be able to help. As far as I know, he's still "up there".

#6 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

ohmy.gif Tracers, good ! ...They will look good in the 'Jungle Walk'. Love to see them bounce off the steel targets, helps me sense target hits better... biggrin.gif
Mike, Chris, john, & the rest of you guys, train-up for the MG Shoot. It will be here soon, and bring your Thompsons......(Don't neglect the horizontal spray of a group of targets technique)....The woods will ring to the sound of Thompsons!!!!.............jw