- - - - -

New Manufacture '21 Actuators.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:58 PM

They sure look nice, anyone know how well they fit? Is it cheaper to redo a Savage/Auto Ordnance '28 actuator to '21 specs?

#2 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:00 PM

Oops! forgot the link............

http://www.gunbroker...p?Item=21830910

#3 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:47 PM

Looks real nice indeed- but, there is always a butt, the cost exceeds that of a real 21 actuator- Now if one wants to shoot faster and can't find a real one then I reckon there is really little choice- but Starting at $500, no way for me. Guy might just be fishing- $250 probably a deal- hope no one buys it- bring Ernieboat back to reality.

M

#4 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:45 PM

For comparison, see also:

http://www.machinegu...023&hl=actuator

http://www.machinegu...620&hl=actuator

#5 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:39 AM

See Rust's links to info about PK's 21 kits. I bought one made with a hardend WH actuator for $250, and I'm delighted with it.

#6 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:17 PM

Jim,

If you have a spare 1928 actuator to sacrifice, PK in Colorado can "restore" it to 1921 specs in beautiful fashion. That plus his hybrid buffer pilot, improved buffers and new Wolff spring will put a 1921 smile on your face. I have a PK creation and it works GREAT!

If you don't have a spare to convert or if the purist in you doesn't want these limited items "destroyed", you can pick up a new setup for less than what is being asked on gunbroker. Rick Concialdi in Pueblo, CO, (what is it with these guys in Colorado making Thompson items???) has been selling a complete set of newly made 1921 parts (actuator, buffer w/disks, pilot and spring) for under $400. From those that have seen his work, I understand these are first rate. I don't have his Email right now, but will try to locate it.

So pick your poison.....

Roger

#7 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:58 PM

I think I would rather not use a WWII actuator, I want the original look. I'd be interested in an actuator with the checkering and same shape as my '28 Navy actuator.