5 replies to this topic

#1 JTinIN

JTinIN

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Machine guns and Flintlocks

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:39 AM

Was at the Indy 1500 this evening (Indianapolis Indiana) dropping off assorted HK items to sell (still working off the residual on the M1) and ran across a table with a WH '28 that was a reasonable shooter grade in the strong 80% range or maybe even 90%. When I asked the price, was told $25,000 as is the owners gun and he is not in a hurry to sell.

While have to factor in a little room for discussion, this appears just a tiny bit high or a few years (I hope) early for this price.

Of course they could always be giving me a hard time dry.gif

Edited by JTinIN, 31 August 2004 - 09:25 AM.

#2 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:13 AM

JT

Your right on several points- the guy does not want to sell it/ its too high "today". maybe 5-8 years from now it "might" be that high but I doubt it as I truly belive there is a $$$$ thresehold for everything- even MG's

Yes I know that is Blasphemy but there are few things commanding over 35K and a Thompson, much less a WH ( and I own one).

30K is where I holler calf rope and it better be a belt fed or a REAL collectible Thompson.

I am real happy with my WH, it looks great- so I bought an M-2 BMG with 4K of ammo.

I am truly tickled.

Mark

I hope I don't have to hold my nose in 9 months for solmething else.

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:29 AM

I talked to Brian at Sunset Sales. This was his fathers gun, I believe I heard he just passed away. He had it out on the table just to have there. He really does not want to sell it. And it was a very miss matched gun. upper was a 1000 series WH and the lower was a parts kit. It had Colt switches and military parts mixed in also. I'll talk to him more today to get the whole low down on it. Did see 2 other Thompsons there. One was a pre may for $8k and the other was a guy smoking crack at the table I think. He had a M1 almost identicle to the one I have and I gave $7k for mine last year, if you put a 1 in front of it, that is what he is asking! $17,250 to be exact! There was a guy I talked to that has a MK760 for $4200. Turns out he knows Brickyard and a couple of other friends.

JT, what time where you there? I must have walked by you. If your back again today, look for me in a bright yellow tank top.

#4 JTinIN

JTinIN

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Machine guns and Flintlocks

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:39 PM

Show was not bad, the guy I am trying to get the M1 Thosmon from had a Grease Gun, MP40, Reseing, MP44, Vickers, Maxium 08, 1917 and MP5A3 on his table for current board prices (plus assume a little room to work).

The table with the dealer sample M1 also had a S&W 76 plus a couple Madsons (sp?) for sale. Did not get a chance to look closely at Ohio Ordance.

#5 Mark Layton

Mark Layton

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:58 AM

......anybody here own a colt {pony}40mm m-203,i am thinking about getting one.boredom has set in this weekend......wink!!its not off topic it's a colt!!double wink!!

Hi Ron. I have one. It's cool, but not cheap to shoot, even with practice rounds.
Mark.

#6 tedgun1911

tedgun1911

• Regular Group
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Anrique American firearms, especially Colts and Winchesters, also WWI &amp; WWII military; old firearms accessories, advertising, catalogs, other promotional materials; old cartridge boxes (preferably filled); gun<br>books;

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

At $25,000, he undoubtedly doesn't want to sell it. Back in December, I picked up a WH 1928 for $8,700 in Massachusetts. The gun was in 98% condition, but was missing the rocker (the gun came out of Connecticut two buyers ago. Connecticut allows full auto, but no selector switch for semi. blink.gif Post a reply and I'll tell you why.)

Anyway, two weeks ago, I was offered $12,000 for the gun by a Class III dealer. So if he's buying it for 12K what's he gonna sell it for, maybe 15K? This guy's no fool; he knows he'll probably get his price. So prices are going up, kiddies. But 25k? Not yet, but we may be heading there faster than we think!