• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:46 PM

Looks like hurricane Frances is going to be a direct hit (between 2-8 am Saturday).

Things are pretty crazy here as hurricane Charley (just two weeks ago) was a wake up call. ph34r.gif

Going to board up the windows tomorrow, and spend Friday wishing the darn thing goods back out to the ocean.

Here is some interesting reading:

http://www.local6.co...575/detail.html

#2 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:55 PM

Wow Jim, I definately wish you luck! I hope that it heads out to sea too..Florida could use a break..How close to the ocean are you? Also, keep the Thompson safe too!

#3 Deputy 89C6

Deputy 89C6

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:56 PM

Good luck Jim...keep your tommy in the shelter with you. You're all in our prayers.

Steve

#4 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

Best of luck, Keep safe, and keep your Tommy dry and salt free..

Better yet send her up here I guarantee that in PA she'll stay warm and dry... wink.gif

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4626 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

Take care Jim. I've been in 2 Hurricanes and glad I didn't live there when they hit, just vacationing. Hurricane Irene in Key West and Hurricane Bertha in North Carolina Outer Banks. Loved those Hurricane parties. I have a good friend in Englewood that lost it all in Charley a couple weeks ago. Complete start over from ground up. Keep that Thompson safe(beside you) and remember to make room in the safe for you and the guns.

#6 Bob B

Bob B

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 11:28 PM

Hope everything goes well for you without damage. You're in our thoughts. Stay safe, and please let us know.

Bob

#7 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 11:47 PM

pack up and get the hell outta there! stay safe!

#8 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:37 AM

It`s very hard to pack up and leave,... I`ve got 2 goldens that you can`t bring into a shelter in addition to a bunch of title 2 and 1 firearms...we are looking down the wrong end a the barrel as of today... they are calling for 80 to 100 mph sustained winds 5 to 6 hours duration even on the westcoast of FL....Jim..I feel your pain brother...and on top of all this...I`m supposed to be in Michigan on Saturday morning to give my youngest daughter away at her wedding!...can you say...FUBAR! sad.gif

#9 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:20 AM

Jim, good luck be careful and play it safe

See Ya
Tino

#10 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:31 PM

Jim--
I'm totally afraid of those kinds of winds. When I was in AR we would get some tornadoes, but nothing of the scale of a hurricane. Wished you could get outta there. If not, then best luck getting through it.

#11 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

Finally got power back on today about 11:00am as it has been out since about Saturday night.

No damage here but many houses lost many shingles.

Stores have no food and if you are lucky to find a gas station with gas, the line is usually about 30 minutes.

Thanks for everyones concerns!!!!

Hopefully IVAN will remain far south, but will keep the boards on the windows for now.

#12 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

Jim, I'm glad to hear that you survived that bitch Frances!! unsure.gif smile.gif Now, if you can just avoid that bastard Ivan!!! blink.gif cool.gif Best Regards, Walter

#13 Bob B

Bob B

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:06 PM

So glad to hear you made out okay Jim. Saw the pictures of horrific damage where people lost everything - makes one almost ill to see it. Keeping our fingers crossed for Ivan. Stay safe.

#14 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

Good to hear from you Jim! I hope all is well in your neigborhood too...