French 1921 Handbook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:22 AM

Added a French 1921 Handbook with a short description to the literature section of my website.

Colttommygunner

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:40 AM

Page une. Instruction une. Placez rapidement le modèle de pistolet de submachine de Thompson de 1921 sur la terre. Écartez-vous rapidement. Puis, soulevez rapidement les deux bras hauts dans l'air. Criez alors comme un bébé, "svp, M. Nazi, ne me tuent pas!"

....sorry, Sig, could not resist the temptation!

#3 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:28 AM

For the benefit of those who couldn't guess: From www.dictionary.com - translator (French to English)

One page. Instruction one. Quickly place the model of gun of submachine of Thompson of 1921 on the ground. You draw aside quickly. Then, quickly raise the two high arms in the air. Shout then like a baby, "please, Mr. Nazi, do not kill me!"

Thanks, Chris

MP

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:29 PM

I guess the French deserve the jokes nowadays, but I'll bet the WWII resistance fighters were pretty formidable.

Chris-- I'll bet the French was part of your Trooper training, dealing with all those fugitives from Canada. LOL!

#5 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Sgt @ Sep 5 2004, 12:29 PM)
I'll bet the WWII resistance fighters were pretty formidable.

Very true, and they no doubt helped the invasion forces. Still, the present day French deserve a stab in the back. Vroom, hijaaked topic!