Picked Up My M1927 Today!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:58 AM

I finally got my Broadhead Armory registered full auto conversion firing pin (model M1927) today!

After an incorrect fingerprint card, wrong serial number written on the form 4, and one "lost" application; they finally got it all straightened out.

It took about 8 months.

Norm

#2 fred

fred

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My 1928AC, MGs in general, 1960's toys.

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:01 PM

Norm,

Having the wrong serial number on the form will definitely foul the works up. I bought a gun with serial number SN XXXX and my dealer put only XXXX on the form without the SN. What a zoo.

#3 Kevin

Kevin

• Regular Group
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes
    Guns
    Hot Rods

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:05 PM

Congats biggrin.gif , hope to see you at the range.

#4 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:30 PM

Fred,

You should have seen the look on my face when I called NFA to check the status. They asked me for the SN of weapon. I gave them the number (that I read off of the copy of the form 4). After about ten seconds, the lady replied, "I'm sorry, that serial number is not on the registry." ohmy.gif sad.gif mad.gif

Kevin,

It will still be a while. I have to send it off to be assembled into a gun. When it's done, I'll give you a yell!

Norm

#5 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1684 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:04 AM

Congrats, I know you've been waiting for a while on this.
Dan

#6 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

OK, my M1927 firing pin with a big bag-o-parts is on it's way to PK. biggrin.gif

I can't wait until this gun is done! wink.gif

Norm blink.gif

#7 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:08 PM

Congratulations Norm!!! biggrin.gif I hope you really enjoy your new gun. tongue.gif With PK's expert touch, I have no doubt you will! smile.gif cool.gif Regards, Walter

#8 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Walter, but to be honest; it is not a gun yet- It is just a pile of parts with a registered firing pin.

I have every confidence that PK will hammer it into beautiful weapon. wink.gif

This gun will actually have a special significance to machinegunbooks.com. Almost every part of the gun will be made from members of this board. ohmy.gif

The only parts not made, refurbished, or retrofitted by members at this time are the stick magazines, small internal parts, and Lyman rear sight.

Even the reciever of the gun was made by a board member ohmy.gif (REMEMBER: Though it will be a full-auto with the registered firinig pin, it is built on a 27A1 receiver, NOT a 28 receiver.)

I plan to let people know that my Thompson SMG (variant) is the result of the knowledge of people right here!

Also, I plan to give a full list of credits to everyone who has had a part in making this "spruce-goose" get off the ground. This project has been almost two years in the making!

I will let you know when the gun is finished.