3 replies to this topic

#1 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

Happy days will return to some extent when the AW ban sunsets Monday. Hi cap mag prices are already starting to fall on Sturmgewehr. I saw new Glock hi caps for 19.95. 72 round Soumi drums modified for the Uzi, Mac 10/11, Tec 9, ect. for 195.00. Even some that hold 144 rounds for 295.00. New LE Ruger Ac556 20 rounders for 50.00. Like the good ole days. But who knows how long this will last. After the election you can be sure the anti's will be after it again. So we need to take advantage of this while we can. This is a great victory for the American gun owner. And those are hard to come by. I can't remember the last time we had something this important go our way. Now if we can just get a good quality TSMG drum at a reasonable price we will be in high cotton. Keep in mind that all good things come to an end so lets be ready and enjoy this while we can. It won't last forever. And on this day let us remember our fallen of 9/11, our soldiers now deployed and GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!

#2 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:03 AM

Oh Sure, Have a big party!
I'll still have to scotch tape a pocket knife onto my Enfield here in NY for a bayonet lug... huh.gif
Flash hiders are called "closets" tongue.gif , and drums over ten rounds are called "No Bloody Fair" for us over here!!! smile.gif
Have a very happy monday all the rest of you states!
Cheerfully Zamm dry.gif

#3 The Virginian

The Virginian

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:11 AM

I am guessing at midnight on Monday, which really would be Sunday night, the ban expires? Or will it be Tuesday midnight on Monday night that it expires?

Edited by The Virginian, 12 September 2004 - 10:12 AM.

#4 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:17 AM

I think it would be Tuesday the 14th before dealers start selling stuff.