Thompson Copies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tvrc18

tvrc18

• Regular Group
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:25 AM

I am new to the forum and have always wanted a thompson. I have seen some copies made by volunteer enterprises for sale and cannot find any info on them. There is one that is a 9mm and the others are 45 caliber. With the problems I have read on this forum with the semi-auto's from auto ordnance I was wondering about these that must have been made years ago. Any input would be appreciated. If you can't have full auto a semi-auto will have to do.

#2 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:31 AM

These things were made by a company in TN long since out of business. Parts are just about impossible to find . From what I've seen and heard about them, I would save my money and buy a semi Karh or WH.

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:05 PM

Save your money - I have taken several of these in trade over the years. They are truely junk. Unless you can get one for less than $125.00 forget it. There are many prior posts on the same type of guns under several different names. I think that I gave around $125. for the last one and had it like a tatoo until I could find someone to take it for $175.