Colt Thompson Serial Numbers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Murray

Murray

New Zealand Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:1921 and 1928 Thompsons, Luger pistols.

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:47 PM

Some months ago I received an email as the result of a post concerning two Colt Thompsons Nos. 4405 and 12515.
Unfortunatly, I lost my hard drive and all my message history.
I have recently received an e-mail from Gordon Herigstad advising me that he is about to publish another edition of his book "Colt Serial numbers" having spent the last year researching and editing.

I have been assiting Gordon with "The New Zealand connection" having recently found yet more Colt Thompsons down here including a very rare "Gentry" gun .

If the owner of Colt 1921 Nos. 4405 and 12515. would like the recent history of these rare and interesting guns included in the latest edition, please e-mail me.

More importantly, if any other Colt Thompson owners or low serial 1928A1 (less than 15,000) who also wish to have the recent history included please also e-mail me via the forum.

Please note, Gordon's book is not an inexpensive mass publication. It is a limited edition (50) and is of special interest to Thompson collectors and historians, which is what we are.
Many thanks,
Murray smile.gif

#2 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:14 PM

Murray,
Will GH automatically send current owners of his collection of serial numbers these latest updated pages?

#3 Murray

Murray

New Zealand Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:1921 and 1928 Thompsons, Luger pistols.

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:55 PM

Arthur,
Hopefully yes. I believe that is his plan.
He is currently overseas reserching, guess what?
Regards
Murray.