Photo
- - - - -

If You Could Get A New C Drum

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Which system would you prefer? (107 member(s) have cast votes)

Which system would you prefer?

1. Original spring retaining system (4 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

2. New, break resistant spring retaining system (96 votes [96.00%])

Percentage of vote: 96.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:18 PM

So we don't miss it, will there be an e-mail going out to all who replied, or should we be checking the boards on a daily basis, or should we not expect to hear anything for another month?

Just wondering. cool.gif

#62 PK.

PK.

Technical Expert

• Board Benefactor
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Full time gunsmith who loves Thompsons, 35+ years experience.

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:37 PM

All dissemination of information will be here on the board; no email will be sent, no lists are being kept.

I had hoped the principle party would have posted by now, but expect him to soon.

Keep your eye on the board.

#63 96lt1ss

96lt1ss

• Regular Group
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 10:08 PM

Here is a copy of an email Merle sent me regarding a W/H C drum I almost bought about a year ago:

I will be glad to help you in  any way that I can once you buy that drum. I charge 295$ for installing a new spring and giving it a good tune up. I also reinforce all the pusher arms. That includes postage and ins. back to you. All my work is guaranteed and I will make it run with a 28. The 21 at 1000 plus RPMs is a bit more then it wants to keep up with  sometimes. When I get it finished it is still not a Colt drum but I am sure you will be happy with it

Considering I quit bidding at $1000 and was planning to spend another $300 plus shipping I would be willing to go more than the $400-500

Realistically the L drums are much more abundant and readily available if I can get double the capacity and buy it way below Klinton AWB ban prices sounds good to me. Let's face most of us will never own a C at any price simply because supplies are drying up. If PK is truly up to something this could be a rare oppurtunity.