• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 45fan

45fan

• Regular Group
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:55 AM

'Jive

Thanks for weighing in . . . I figured that this sling was more than likely an original. I just wasn't sure. My disappointment stems from the fact that:
(1) I read an ad advertising like new "Kerr" slings for sale
(2) I call and verify that they are indeed Kerr slings
(3) I order one of these "Kerr" slings but an M3 shows up instead.

I really didn't have any desire to buy a M3 but I will probably just add it to the ever-growing pile of gun-related paraphernalia. It certainly is in about as good condition as one could possibly expect and who knows, one of these days it might even be worth what I paid for it! laugh.gif

Not trying to vent my frustrations here--just thought I'd chime in with my experience for the benefit of others who might be considering ordering one of these slings.

Sam

#22 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:43 PM

O.K. fellas, I just got my 3 slings in the mail and I am highly disappointed. What they are, (and I am absolutely certain) are modern reproductions of the M3 sling, exactly the same ones being offered for half the price at Bayonet Inc! I know because I got some from them too! I already have old original examples of both the Kerr and M3 slings, and if you compare them it's very obvious that these are repros. 1) The canvas is approximately 1/16" too narrow, is of a different weave, and has smell of recent mfg.and no sign of canvas age at all. The metal is NOT blued as it should be, but is painted a dull flat black and not painted very well at that. To list these as 'Original Kerr" slings is a gross missrepresentation of the product they are selling, they are getting mine back, and I am advising them to accurately list them for what they are. mad.gif

Mike Hammer

#23 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2402 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:53 PM

Mike Hammer,

I'll defer to your examination of the real article from Northridge. My comments were based on observations of real Kerr and M3 slings and, admittedly, I did not examine a current Northridge example. If you have original examples to compare it to, then it should be fairly easy to discern the difference. No, they shouldn'e be painted black, the M3 slings I have had (used, beat-up or new) all had blued fittings.

I stand corrected on the Northridge advertisement.

#24 45fan

45fan

• Regular Group
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:19 PM

Yep, the hardware on mine is painted black as well. mad.gif Thanks for the info and comparison Mike Hammer.