M1a1 Vs. Wh

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:56 PM

Can you put a WH M1a1 style receiver on a GI M1a1 parts kit?

#2 PK.

PK.

Technical Expert

• Board Benefactor
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Full time gunsmith who loves Thompsons, 35+ years experience.

Posted 02 September 2003 - 09:29 PM

No, but you can put a GI M1A1 parts kit on a WH M1(A1) receiver. biggrin.gif

They can be considered completely interchangeable if the Receiver has been blueprinted. Otherwise the resulting gun may have the same problems as many WH M1ís.

#3 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:52 AM

laugh.gif I had PK overhaul my WH M1 Thompson & I have installed different Savages M1 bolts in the gun. It shot fine with any G.I. bolt I put into the gun. This gun used to be a jamamatic until PK got thu with it!!!!! laugh.gif

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 03 September 2003 - 01:17 PM

That's fantastic! I'm not sure I can afford another WWII vintage MG, but I certainly could get the M1A1 style WH and dress it up with WWII parts. Can you believe that I'm still waiting for my Savage and I'm already looking around for more? I should be taken out of my misery.

By the way, that's pretty funny, PK. Ha!