Russia And Defense Articles

Guest hardrede

WTF? Estonia? Forcibly overrun by the Soviets twice in the last century and one of the first "Soviet" republics to break away when Wall was falling. They even have troops playing in the sand box. I'm sure there's others on the list who fall into this catagory (Latvia, Lithuania) Sounds like they need to update the list.

Well said, Phil. I think that this and its companion thread "From Russia with love" have been very informative despite the tensions that have sometimes flared. If nothing else, discussions like these serve to illustrate the byzantine and multi-layered nature of our system of law and policy, a system that cries out for a major overhaul. Now it's just a question of who's going to get to do that, but I'll say quite frankly I don't trust the Republicans to do a decent job of it any more than I do the Democrats. All politicians say what you want to hear, but as soon as elections are over they sell you out. The only thing that'll keep 'em in line is heavy and unrelenting pressure from what the Dems are pleased to call the "Gun Lobby". If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, let's resolve to be the squeakiest wheels ever!