Tca Flicks

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:20 PM

Well, I'm gonna data dump here ... these are a few flicks I shot at the TCA show on 22 August. They are nothing pretty but may give you an idea of some of the stuff that was there. Sorry for the delay in posting but ... with the help of Chris, it's a reality. Thanks Chris.

user posted image
The Sign
user posted image
The front yard ...
user posted image
Some of the displays
user posted image
full auto 45 and his stuff ...
user posted image
Some of Tracie's displays
user posted image
More stuff and stuff and stuff ...
user posted image
It never ends ...

What a great show. Great stuff and great people. Thank you Tracie for all of your hospitality. As the earlier post stated "if you've not been, you should really consider it." Thanks Chris for your help in holding my hand and letting me post this stuff. Really appreciate the direction.

CJR

#2 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:58 PM

Brickyard,

Your pictures look great, "Thanks" for sharing wink.gif . Looks like "THOMPSON HEAVEN", rolleyes.gif
wash I could have made it sad.gif , I'll be thier next year. wink.gif

Question: Can you buy, sell or trade items with other guys thier or is this not permitted? unsure.gif

Thanks again, biggrin.gif

Jim smile.gif

PS - Sounds like I need to contact Chris wink.gif to help me get my Thompson pictures up on the board for you guys to see. biggrin.gif

#3 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:05 PM

Jim:

Pics are a very important aspect of this board. You need help, you let me know. I'll host them myself if that is necesary.

CJ:

Glad it worked out. Great pics. Good to speak with you...

CG

#4 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:38 PM

Thanks Chris, cool.gif

I'll e-mail ya from the board to collect needed info for posting picks. wink.gif

Jim smile.gif

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4582 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:45 PM

Nice photo's CJ. Nice shot of all my junk. I think the green really shows up well. I know that is not my belly showing next to the guy in white, right?Right? blink.gif

#6 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (TOMMY SMG @ Sep 3 2003, 05:58 PM)

Question: Can you buy, sell or trade items with other guys thier or is this not permitted? unsure.gif

There are a few people who have items for sale. In fact, many of us wait for the few people who bring spare parts to sell as it is nice to actually pick and choose the part(s) you want.

#7 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:15 PM

Brickyard,

Thanks for the pictures. Although seeing them is great, it sure makes it hurt more that I had to miss this year. Oh well, there is always next year.

#8 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:22 PM

Brickyard,

Great Pics !! Gave me an idea of what I missed. Will definitely be there next year...only a 60-70 mile trip for me. Thanks for sharing !!

Chris, you may be busy helping with posting pictures. I too can't figure it out........

Chuck

#9 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:45 AM

Thanks Brickyard for the photos. The show is a long distance from Montana, but I hope to attend in the future. It would be great if you have more photos to post them, and maybe tell a little about each display. This is what keeps this hobby interesting.

#10 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:18 AM

Great photos! I hope to have a table next year. Nothing really rare here but it's a collection. Your photo post is greatly appreciated.

#11 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:29 AM

Mike, that might be your belly ... don't know? If it is, be proud my friend, you've invested many dollars in getting it where it is today. Hell, I could probably retire on what I've invested in mine!! Really appreciate all the help in getting me to the show. Wouldn't have the flicks otherwise.

CJR

#12 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:09 AM

user posted image

Just testing to see if I can post a flick on my own ....

YES !!! I can do it !!! There is a God !!! This is my Tommy for anyone who cares. This is to cool. Look out, the flicks will be flying by later today. I'll get the flick larger too ...

#13 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:28 AM

user posted image

More of Tracie's great stuff.

OH man !! I rule !!! this is too cool. I know, get a job and shut up. I've been trying to do this for weeks!

I'll be quiet now and just rest well knowing I can post a flick !!!

Thanks for everyone's patience.

CJR

#14 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:29 AM

Lastly, I'll get the file size down so we won't have to scroll left/right.

#15 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4582 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 04 September 2003 - 11:06 AM

OK IT'S THERE NOW.BUT TRY TO MAKE IT BIGGER FOR US OLD FOLKS! I KNOW, PICKY! PICKY! PICKY!

#16 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 11:31 AM

don't use spaces when naming your images... thompson1.jpg or tommygun2.jpg versus...
my machine gun is cool oh this is the 50 round drum that goes with it.jpg

#17 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4582 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 06:11 PM

Brickyard,it's comin' in now. Good pictures of the show. Glad you got it figured out.