M1a1 Display Gun F/s

I'm listing this for a friend in the Arms Collectors Club that is retiring and clearing out some things. This display gun is an M1A1 with all GI parts except a solid aluminum receiver. The receiver is engraved Thompson Machine Gun, Model M1A1, MFG by IMA and has a shielded rear sight. The lower is parked, s/n 53908, has paddle style selectors. The wood is overall very nice. The barrel is parked, smooth, no compensator and looks new. The gun includes a XX mag with no markings, looks refinished and a khaki No-Buckl sling dated 7-21-14. All in all this is a super nice display gun. The owner is asking $600.00 or best offer plus postage. I can take photos if anyone would like to see it. Please e-mail me rickveal@charter.net if you have any questions. I'll answer any that I can. Thanks much.

Rick

Mike,

No, this gun has been squirreled away for many years in a closet. My friend has decided to retire and concentrate on his Confederate rifle collection. Besides, this one is a lot nicer than the one in the link. Hope this helps.

Rick

I know who put the dummy Tommy on ebay together. He was the same smith who installed the short barrel on my semi-auto. I went into his shop asking a question about my Thompson and he showed me that very dummy in the building process. Why he installed the Lyman sight on I will never know, unless the owner wanted it. The wood was in very rough shape. It was put together around the first part of this year. That is pretty wild seeing that dummy here considering I only live about 15 minutes from its location.

Scott

You guys are right - I missed the sight.

M1Tommy - is it a "real" lyman? I assume it is a AO new reproduction.

Why put it on an M1?? Why not!

I saw the sight well before it was attached to the display gun. I did not see any marking on it , so I assume it was taken off an AO semi a while back. I say this due to the smith giving me a semi-modified 30 round mag he had lying around, and saying he had had a semi at one time. I believe he said he had taken it off a semi-auto some time back.

As far as the sight being installed on an M1 display model, for me it looks funky. Kinda like installing a Cutts comp on a M1. I guess to me it does not look right http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif .

Scott