- - - - -

Why No Uzi Message Board?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:15 PM

I noticed that just about every other kind of Machine gun and their semi-auto counter part is represented in this forum but no Uzi. I just wondered why? That's all, talk to ya' later. wink.gif

#2 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:40 AM

Does http://www.uzitalk.com/ count?

#3 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:44 AM

Maybe it is becaue there are already large forums for the Uzi (and AK47 and M16.)

Maybe it is that all the gun forums here talk about WW2 guns.

Norm blink.gif

#4 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Norm @ Oct 15 2004, 07:44 AM)
Maybe it is becaue there are already large forums for the Uzi (and AK47 and M16.)

Maybe it is that all the gun forums here talk about WW2 guns.

Norm blink.gif

I know about Uzitalk.com. I didn't notice the "WWII theme" though, guess that's the reason why. It's just that there are so many knowlegable people that visit this board it'd be nice go have their help with Uzi related questions too. Uzitalk takes forever and a day to get a response. Oh well, talk to ya'll later.

#5 ODS9091

ODS9091

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:05 PM

Why not make a post in the Class III forum? Isn't that what it's there for? Everything other than Thompsons, Grease Guns, Stens,etc... rolleyes.gif

#6 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:50 PM

I should have been more specific about Uzitallk.

What I should have said is that the Uzitalk forum is so large, that it would futile to start another forum on a different board.

#7 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:51 AM

Plus my Uzi is a semi so Class III doesn't apply. I'll just post on Uzitalk and hope for the best, plus I've still got Pre-Ban.com, AR15.com and a couple others. wink.gif

#8 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hey Frank, what make, model, caliber is your UZI? Never cared much for the .45 versions. I had a .45 Conversion kit for a Model "A", and it was a jammatic.

#9 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 17 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

After Frank addresses Lionhart's question, I was wondering if it is now ok to have a new production semi UZI sbr with folding stock?

#10 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:23 PM

I picked up a Norinco 320 in 9mm. I"ve added enough U.S. parts to legally put a folder on it and cut the barrel nut so I could put a Bushmaster barrel shroud/barrel nut on it too. I'm pretty sure you can pick up a new Vector SBR with a folder now that the AWB has gone bye bye. I hate to say it but I like the balance of the Uzi better then the 27a1 that I had. Plus, with the stock folded it makes a much more compact firearm. 9mm is also a lot cheaper to shoot. Talk to ya'll later. wink.gif

#11 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:36 PM

Sgt,

In Michigan you can not have an Uzi SBR (unless you're a Dealer). C&R only state.

#12 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

Sgt, YES if your State allows..

#13 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 10:05 PM

TN.Frank,

The UZI is a nicely balanced weapon. I have owned one (semi-auto) in the past.

I like everything about the Thompson, except the weight.

Good luck with the UZI project!

Norm