Nfa Transfer Process

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:US, German Military WWI & WWII weapons, US, German, British sniper rifles. Virginia State Police items.

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:50 AM

And today (Monday), to add insult to injury, my examiner isn't answering the phone (again) and his voice mailbox is full so I can't leave a message (which he wouldn't return anyway).

Any chance we can privatize the ATF or outsource those jobs to someplace like India? I would gladly put up with a Hindi accent in return for a little efficiency and customer relations.

Sniper

#22 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:US, German Military WWI & WWII weapons, US, German, British sniper rifles. Virginia State Police items.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:48 PM

biggrin.gif

Good news, my examiner just signed off on my paperwork, 90 days to the day after it went pending.

If I'm lucky, I get to make an 800 mile round trip to pick it up this weekend. If not, sometime next week.

Now I wonder how I can speed up the process on the MP 40?????

Sniper

#23 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:02 PM

So bottomline, you had to keep bugging the guy to get it done. Guess I better start doing the same but I'm only at day 60

#24 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:53 PM

Roland (great song, I remember it from college)

Bugging him might be a tad harsh, but not much. I called him twice a week for the last month to see how it was going. Very polite and respectful call, just checking in to see what the status was. Never mentioned the fact that messages were left unanswered, and in fact I quit leaving messages after awhile. You need to get the name of your examiner go to him/her directly. My guy told me that they are at the mercy of the FBI. But when the cards get back, you want them to act on it quickly, not just let it sit around.

Best of luck to you.

Sniper