57 replies to this topic

#21 Sam

Sam

BANNED - WHO'S NEXT?

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:13 PM

i wish someone had warned me first I dropped one of those shells in the chamber and pulled back the the handle that was really hard to cock i had the gun loaded but i didnt think that it would be safe to shoot i tried to pull the bolt back to take the bullet out but it would not come out i inserted a dowl from the end of the barrel and i pounded the bullet out but the bolt was knocking back and forth i had the safety on it went ok i did not have a problem after that i like this big gun it is heavy but i have mussles to carry it i eat a lot of weaties i m just joking about that part but it is heavy i know i will learn to handle it in a safe manner i wont shoot my eye out i promise i dont know why some of you have bad comments my english is not that great but i did learn how to write english a few years ago i am new at this so be nice oh my friend just got here i got to go im going to shoot my tommygun wish me luck

#22 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:21 PM

You are a real DUMB ASS. You will either end up killing yourself or someone else. If your going to be stupid, in this case, it seems as if you can't help that, do it by yourself. No sence dangering others around you. You may be 100% for real, hell I don't know, but if you are, you really need to learn how to be safe while handling firearms. There fun, and a joy to shoot, but if your not careful, you or someone else, will end up injured or dead. Stupid Somebitch..

#23 DDAYJune6

DDAYJune6

• Regular Group
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

its people like that, that give responsible gun owners a bad name

i can see the headlines now

"man buys thomspon machine gun and shoots friend in the head" , notice how i said machine gun, becuase thats what the media would say and then they say "wouldnt have happend if the awb would not have expired

#24 brian

brian

• Regular Group
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

i'm calling troll.
somebody is just trying to get a rise.

gawdam, the gun has the calibre stamped on the left side of it.

#25 Sam

Sam

BANNED - WHO'S NEXT?

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:53 PM

what is a troll i bought my thompson last week and waited three whole days to pick it up i found this site last night and posted today to say hi and to learn i don't have any mean things to say to anyone i just want to learn as much as i can everybody had to start from somewhere my friend stopped by and gave me the right ammo but it has started to rain i am going to try to shoot it later after the rain i hope it goes away soon lionhearte started attacks an some of you followed him but that is wrong i think lionhearte should be banned he is a name caller and a rude person i don't like the way he talks and the way some of you had talked either cant we just get along
do s anyone here have any drums for sale how much do they cost

#26 normandy123

normandy123

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:03 PM

Sam...
If you are sincere and honestly without a clue how to use or load your Thompson...please set it down and find a phone book and look up a good gunshop to help you with your questions...
We are glad you always wanted a 'Tommygun', but the 'real deal' cost what a car costs nowadays...your gun is a semi automatic...and they are not really well assembled and do not work well out of the box.
Take the time to educate yourself about the gun and ask lots of questions before you try anything with live ammo...
Maybe try some blanks first?
Sit down, drink some decaf and don't do anything with live ammo until you know what and how to use the gun.
Please!

#27 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:13 PM

Whichever the case may be, it's worth the entertainment value alone! laugh.gif I'm a mean man, and you want me banned ohmy.gif ? Take it easy Sam, and take Normandys' advice.

#28 Sam

Sam

BANNED - WHO'S NEXT?

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

i think some of you just need to cool your jets i mean i was not trying to create a problem i am sorry if i came off sounding stupid i dont think i am i will take some of your advice at least some of the remarks derecited me in the right place i am going to take a safety course next week but before then i will search this board for all of the right information i will need and i will try to learn everything that i can i thank those who had been help full to me

#29 Sam

Sam

BANNED - WHO'S NEXT?

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

lancer a friend of mine has a ruger pistol it is a 22 i loaded the clmagazine once and it was a single column it was easy to load i never have fired a real gun in my life i learned how to load my magazine from the ammo by friend dropped off and it was easy i will post results probly in a week maybe next after shooting my tommygun

#30 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:50 PM

Remember to keep the bullshit and the name calling to NILL!! Remember the rules, YOU and the troll will be outta here!

Hey FNG maybe you should do some reading about gun safety and the laws concerning ownership before expecting everyone not to get on your case.

#31 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:02 PM

This has to be a joke - the spelling alone is funny!

#32 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:09 PM

This is a great thread. ROFLMAO

I couldn't agree more..

Well Sam, keep us updated on your progress..

#33 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

I'm calling troll or future Darwin award recipient.

#34 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:24 PM

I think we have given "Sam" enough info to last him a long, long time. blink.gif

Lets Kill This Thread.

(I think it's a Troll also!!!!) wink.gif

#35 subman 1

subman 1

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:45 PM

WOW !
I have Nothing more to say ! blink.gif

#36 Sam

Sam

BANNED - WHO'S NEXT?

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:37 PM

thank you nick i will look up all that safety information i got the feeling my friend didnt want to hang around to shoot my tommygun may be it is becuse he is a fraid of something reallly bad i dont know but i am going to invite him when i do go out for my first time after all it is his ammo and that was nice for him to give it to me dont you think i was reading the last page and it was kindof funny but please dont give me a hard time lets just all be friends have a question and im really coinfused at this pouint i push up on the buttun but the receiver is stuck i have a two pound hammer and i thought about using a block of wood as i have some pine wood and i dont think that would hurt my tommygun and the pine i would set it up in front of the lower part the frame and knock it off but i dont want to mess anything up any ideas or better yet andbody have a link with bigger pitchers that would show me the right way to do it thank you

#37 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

thank you nick i will look up all that safety information i got the feeling my friend didnt want to hang around to shoot my tommygun may be it is becuse he is a fraid of something reallly bad i dont know

Sam, remember this; guns are like automobiles and electricity. They do not discriminate, play favorites, and show no loyalty! When used incorrectly, it can hurt (or kill) you without hesitation!

The .45ACP round is not firecracker, but a very deadly round; PLEASE give your gun AND the amunition your undivided attention!

I would advise that you get familiar with gun witout the ammo at first; learn to dissasemble it, clean it, and maintain it. Go to the safety courses first, and always wear shooting glasses.

I would make the suggestion that you never try to unjam a round from the chamber by usuing a dowel rod. If the round goes off, your in big trouble. At the very least, you will probably lose a hand! ohmy.gif

Norm

#38 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:24 PM

Between all this laughter, I dropped a damn cigarette and burned a hole in my shirt! As Norm pointed out, you should never try to get a stuck bullet out the way in which you did. At least not with the Bolt assembly in place! A very dangerous practice for sure. Your damn lucky that cartridge didn't go bang. I can understand your enthusiasm, something all of us share, but be careful.

#39 wildwilly2002

wildwilly2002

• Regular Group
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:40 PM

Don't really know if this fellow is for real, don't believe so. But I laughed till tears ran down my face!

#40 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

Sam, a two pound hammer is way too heavy to use with a pine block. Two pound hammers are used only with Oak blocks. You need a one pound hammer for pine. Or you could always get an oak block instead. That might be cheaper if you don't have a one pound hammer.