• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce L

Bruce L

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 10:48 AM

I noticed that IMA was selling Lyman sights for $295.00. I was thinking of replacing the factory sight on my WH and was wondering if anyone had purchased one from IMA recently and could comment on the quality/condition. Thanks!

#2 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:15 AM

Bruce: Over the past year or two I've bought two or three from them and the ones I received looked in unused NOS condition, bluing was excellent as well. The WH rear sight is poorly made and they often fall apart, so replacing with this sight would be a nice upgrade...while they are still available! If you do plan on installing one, make sure you get it properly riveted on to the upper, a cheap pop rivit job will not be good enough for installing. rolleyes.gif
Mike Hammer

#3 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:20 AM

I bought one last month with intentions of someday putting it on my 28ac. I would say condition is good to very good. If you would like to sees some pics let me know.

#4 Bruce L

Bruce L

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm going to send my upper to PK to get the compensator pinned; I'm tired of using teflon tape to hold it on. Figured I might as well replace the rear sight at the same time to finish the overhaul. IMA's price looked pretty reasonable given what others are selling for elsewhere.

#5 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

Got one about 6 months ago. NOS. Excellent. Don't know what stock is like now but the one I got was perfect.

My $.02

CJR

#6 leid

leid

• Regular Group
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Military history, hunting, NFAs.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:03 PM

Hi guys,
I bought a spare from IMA. If someone offered it to me as NOS, I would agree.
Carey

#7 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:16 PM

I had purchased several from IMA. They have been selling them for a long time. All the ones received were in Like New condition. Couldn't have hoped for anything better!

#8 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:04 AM

Boy guys, my sight is nice but it's not NOS. I was very happy with it when I received it, now I don't know. unsure.gif