- - - - -

Need A Permit To Take These?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Nov 13 2004, 12:02 PM)
So, Chris, I'd say the market for American musky products is still wide open. And I see no reason why top quality mole woud not be even better, if you can just find a way to minimize the number of .45 holes in the hides. wink.gif

Those are "dexterity holes", see, to put your fingers in and have the ultimate control over the oiling process....

#22 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Nov 12 2004, 11:23 PM)
You know, you could probably sell them on Ebay as a original Thompson accessory. "Original fur cleaning rags for Thompson SubMachine Gun". Very rare indeed. laugh.gif

Hmmmm. Good idea. But, the question is, should they be stamped or not? rolleyes.gif

#23 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

The holes should be trade marks enough. Gives a new meaning to Mole holes

#24 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:23 PM

Chris

I'd invite you over to my new pad and let you ventelate a few more save for two sad facts. 1 I'm in town, 2 I'm still stuck in gun owners hell in Ill. However thanks for the pic, I can look out at the mole traps as I'm cleaning my Thompson in the den and know I'm not the only SOB who hates those rodents.

BB

#25 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:38 PM

I think I'd build a little tiny four-sided frame of sticks....lash it together with bits of buckskin. Then stretch the little hide like the Indians used to do, lacing it onto the little frame. blink.gif

After this, I'd do a little indian pictogram on the back with acrylic paint detailing (in Indian legends) the thrill of the hunt!! unsure.gif

This would be a great addition to any hunters trophy shelf!!

Hmmmm...maybe I should try this with the next Prairie Dog I nail..... wink.gif

Back to reality....I would've done a whole drum!!

john

#26 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:13 PM

My Yard, the ones in the Ill. state house don't deserve the dignity of bullets; they need to be pulled out into the street and stoned to death with bits of old rifles(etc.) cut up in Army demil programs, that could have been sold to colectors and paid for better (fill in your pet prodject that never has adiquite funding like road repairs) and not cost a thin dime to the constiuants who paid for them in the first place.

Sub genus of pests in descending order below the rock they scuttled out from under.

Serpents
v
pond scum
v
misquitoes
v
Japanese beateles
v
Moles, Voles
v
politicians

wink.gif

BB

#27 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:16 PM

I think my neighbors, and passing motorists, are becoming concerned. Capped two more of the little varmits yesterday. It seems the soy bean harvest surrounding me is driving them into my yard.

Find myself on patrol now. On my days off (as I am at the house) I run the yard every few hours looking for tunnels. Thomspon in hand. This must have been what it felt like to patrol during WWII maybe? Except no mines and they don't shoot back.

Finally, a practical use for the Modern Thompson Owner!

#28 PK.

PK.

Technical Expert

• Board Benefactor
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Full time gunsmith who loves Thompsons, 35+ years experience.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:30 PM

You go, guy!

#29 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:56 PM

Well, after spending about three months in the deep freeze (both of us;-), I thawed her out and took her over to my Sarges "Death Room". He's a trapper, and he skinned the mole up for me.

user posted image

After its tanned, it's gonna make a fine Thompson oil cloth!

PS: I'm BAAAACKKK! Mole season is just around the corner;-)

#30 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:34 PM

LMFAOROTF! That is the funniest shit I have seen in years!! Chris, you boys in the KY PD need more to do! You need to meet us in Knob Creek in April. Shoot me a email if you think you can.

#31 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:41 AM

You guys are so sick! Just think of the karmic debt you've incurred. I wonder if Karma recyles as well as a Thompson.

#32 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:59 AM

Oh God, That is way to funny!!! biggrin.gif

What the hell shape was that thing when it was tunneling, round??!! blink.gif
Chris, those aren't Moles, thier fur covered baseballs!
You guys are stark raving out there.
I'm moving to Kentucky!
Z

#33 TNKen

TNKen

• Regular Group
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, machine guns, defensive handgun competition, snow skiing and ski patrol, my children

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:23 AM

This adds a whole new dimension to Dr. Shoals "moleskin"!!!

Hey, I'll be you could market "natural" moleskin. You could start the newest craze, domestically cultivating moles.

Ken

#34 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:09 PM

What about Moleasses? I'm makin flapjacks and need a little sumptin to put on top....