Where To Post A Video At?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDG

JDG

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:WW II military guns. Old Mopar hot rods and '73 to '79 Ford trucks. Peering through my telescope at the stars and planets. Riding my dirt bike and back packing.

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:13 AM

Well, not to detract from the Thompson discussions or digress into a plethora of videos but I decided to try an offer up one of my Thompson videos. However, I do not know how to load it to a website nor do I know of a website to load it to. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:18 AM

Jeremy:

Assuming you are still with acsalaska.net, see if they (as a part of your standard users fee) offer any web space on their server for personal web stuff. If so, all you need is a hostname, username, and password (acsalaska can help you get the first part) to get there. Then, using a freeware program such as WS_FTP Pro (www.ipswitch.com), you can upload your video to the server. It might be something like ww.acsalaska.net/mopar/tommyvideo.mov, etc., when it is all there. Hope this helps....

#3 akmopar

akmopar

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Chris, I will contact acs as well as go to the website you mentioned. I appreciate the help!

#4 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:14 PM

Better yet (and this is free web advice to you all) download the new Firefox browser available at http://www.mozilla.o...oducts/firefox/ and run away from IE's security issues and Netscapes complexity problems. I switched and love it. Best of all are the extensions. FIREftp is a small but powerful file transfer extension that can be used in place of WS_ftp Pro (and is completely free). It integrates right into the Firefox browser. (For you IE junkies, when you install Firefox you can import all your IE stuff seemlessly into FF). Try it....you'll like it....and no popups! My Firefox AdBlock extension has blocked 39 pop up ads so far tonight.