Reproduction Ww2 M1 Sling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2164 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:26 PM

I recently purchased a reproduction WWII M1/ M1A1 sling from http://uncompany.com of Hong Kong. It was $29, not including shipping. The quality of it is just about perfect. The only difference that I can spot from the original is the khaki colored webbing, as opposed to the original mustard color. Even so, the color is very nearly right. The hardware is particularly impressive and is perfectly blued. This is the sling shown in the photo below. On the main page of the above link, type "M1A1" (no quotes) in the search box on the left. After the results load, scroll down for "KM M1A1 Sling". Click the photo to enlarge. Click the "buy" box and follow the instructions from there. These are reliable folks and you'll be well pleased.

user posted image

#2 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:09 PM

How long did it take for the sling to show up from the time of the order to arrival?

#3 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2164 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (ThompsonCrazy @ Nov 24 2004, 03:09 PM)
How long did it take for the sling to show up from the time of the order to arrival?

Four days!

#4 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2164 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:43 AM

PhilOhio,

Yes, the sling's a beautiful effort. Looking at the paperwork in the package, I think that it's Japanese, made for the Airsoft and Hudson guns. As on the originals, there are no markings, but the quality is even better. After it's seen some use and been washed once or twice, it will be indistinguishable and should give good, long service.

#5 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:39 PM

As an aside, when I lived in Hong Kong last week I went by the UNCompany's retail shop in Wan Chai several times. Their airsoft selection is pretty impressive. Some of them were indistinguishable from the real McCoy. The M1 Thompson was an OK copy but not terribly close to the real thing. I ended up shelling out something like HK$1600 for a Sig 552 and accessories. An SOT colleague of mine has a post sample 552 and when they are side by side it's pretty hard to tell them apart.