2 replies to this topic

#1 rhw1225

rhw1225

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:31 PM

WH 39rnd drum

Can you guys tell me what this is drum worth? It's a West Hurley 39 rnd drum in mint condition. It looks like it has never been loaded.

I bought it with a 1927A1, but since don't need it, I'd like to sell it. I'd appreciate any information on what these are selling for.

Thanks, Robert

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:44 PM

Robert,
I bought one last fall NIB,and I got the box, never loaded,until I got it, absolute perfect, for $325. A 39 I've never given over that for one. I've had 4 so far and average was around $300. I know it isn't like a "L" drum, but That is what a good one sales for. Also some work and some don't. I did have to tweek the feed lips of mine to get it to feed into my '28 WH gun. Now 39 rounds run in about 1 second or damn close. Hope this helps you out.

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:14 PM

Full auto is correct - I have purchased them for as low as $200. and as high as $300. A dealer who runs adds in the Shotgun News sometimes asks as high as $500. When I phoned him it turns out the 39 rd drum he had was not marked AO, but is one of the Jap toy drums. I am not sure, but have been told AO got the Jap drums and stamped their name on them. I have several of the 39 rd drums. The spring tension is different in everyone and they seldon ever work in full autoand no often in semiauto. They are for a toy cap gun which cycles very slow not a full auto gun. At best they are a display item....