• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:36 PM

Auto Ordnance Bridgeport Thompson in GREAT condition, this fine old weapon shoots and functions flawlessly. Shown here with 50 round L drum, it also has a few stick mags. I got this gun from the original owner. This is C&R gun. It has not been abused or beat up, the wood is very nice,no dings etc. The finish on the all metal is like new, no scratches! I have been buying Machine Guns for over 25 years, and this is the cleanest Thompson I have ever seen other than a newer A.O. gun and of course they dont work as well. I checked the serial number it was made in 1945. This one is a KEEPER! Asking $24999.99 plus shipping and insurance.

Price $24,999.

http://www.gunsameri...s/976532442.htm

Edited: My substitle should have said check out this "1928", not M1A1!

#2 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:51 PM

Can't even cover the shipping for $25K wink.gif

#3 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1630 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:18 PM

There is aSavage on the Sturmgeweher board for $20K
Not even a Colt and the asking price has gone to $20K.
WOW
Savage ad

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:31 PM

As I have said before, it is the dealers running prices to the hilt! They think they can get away with it , and they usually do, and drive all the prices overboard. God help the common Joe who wouold like to have a nice gun to shoot. Tat gun for 25k, looks like a run of the mill shooter grade gun. Not worth half the asking price. What is that, wood screws stuck in the stock?!

#5 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:14 PM

Auto-Ord ceased making TSMG's in 1944, and by that time, they were all M1/M1A1's. Wait until "21 smoker" sees this ad!

#6 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:39 PM

Its purdy!

But then most FA Tommy's are to me....

Bet its refinished....

Tell ya what Nick, you buy it and I'll pay the transfer, insurance and shipping.

(but I get to shoot her at least once a year, and I'll bring the food!)

#7 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 03 December 2004 - 07:28 AM

It always takes one to poke his head above the greed crowd and test the market. Chances are the gun will sit for awhile, until some rich, Tom Hanks fan sees it. Yea, the dealers are definitely milking it and essentially squeezing the common Joe out of the Thompson game. Even some of you guys will be tempted to sell when the price reaches 100k. Actually, I would too. Naahhh! I take it back.

#8 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1022 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:27 AM

The seller claims he got the gun from the original owner! Who might that be? Uncle Sam or Audie Murphy? For that price I'll bet it was Murphy.

#9 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:11 AM

At last people are realizing the real value and historical significance of the Savage 1928 series. (YES, they are more important and more interesting than any colt will ever be IMHO)

Bout time!

Jr smile.gif

#10 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2168 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:20 AM

1945 my goat-stinkin' rear end! The photo is small, but you can see the rounded edges where it was heavily refinished. Where was PK when he was needed in 1945?

#11 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:36 AM

Look at it this way guys, with the climbing prices of machine guns most people will only be able to afford one machine gun whether it be a Thompson or even a Mac. Very few individuals will have a collection of transferables, therefore, more people will own them and machine guns will get even more popular! biggrin.gif

#12 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:20 PM

Hody crap maing! $25K for a Smoothie!

That British proofed 1928A1 is my absolute favoritest variant ever. It's so, you know....British! One of these days, when I'm not looking, I'll find one. Whenever I look for a gun, I can't find it. When I don't look, it finds me. (I'm not looking unsure.gif )

Those wood screws are a common British and Canadian modification. I have a British 1928 stock with them (and the sling swivel on top) and a Canadian proofed M1A1 stock with them (and a swivel on top).

#13 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:33 PM

well, this confirms it, the sky is the limit.