Thompson Lover Looking For....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:44 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a semi-auto only, ATF approved version of the Russian PPSH SMG that is being made (or ever was made.)

I don't really care how much of it is made from surplus Russian parts, and how much of it is new (or reproduction) parts.

I remember hearing something about some that were made and the ATF recolected them for reason (maybe easily converted?) I am not looking for one of those. sad.gif I am looking for a legitamate semi-auto version that I could put in my collection.

I know there is a .22 that looks similar to the PPSH, but I would like one that looks closer to the real deal.

No prop guns, please.

The Thompson is my first love, but I do like the other guns of WW2, even if I can't afford all of the full-atuo originals. sad.gif

Thanks in advance for any info,

Norm

#2 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:10 PM

I had one produced by Inter-Ordnance. I wish I had kept it, seeing that there hard to find these days. No longer produced. I got $800.00 for mine. Pretty good shooter overall. The Metal and Wood was okay, not perfect, but looked nice.

#3 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

This is going off the top of my head and from memory, but thought that Shotgun News would display this item for sale every so often. I will check my next issue and post back if I see it.