Jump to content

- - - - -

C&r Status For Ao Sbr's

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anticus


    Long Time RKI Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 779 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri
  • Interests:History, ancient coins, antiques of all descriptions.

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:54 PM

I wonder if AO has considered applying for C&R status for their new semi-auto SBR's, since these weapons are primarily collector's items..
It would be great for those of us in C&R only states who can't afford a full-auto but want something a bit closer to the real thing.

  • 0

#2 john


    Long Time RKI Member

  • Regular Group
  • 885 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Paul, Minnesota

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:56 PM

Most States that allow machineguns (even the C&R States) allow SBRs and DDs......
Contact your Department of Public Safety and ask......

Never hurts to ask!! wink.gif

That being said, I don't believe that AO needs to do this. You can contact the BATFE and apply yourself. I've never petitioned them on C&R status for anything but I understand that anyone can do it.

Might take some time, though!!

Good luck and remember, never hurts to ask!! biggrin.gif


  • 0

#3 Bill in VA

Bill in VA

    Long Time RKI Member

  • Regular Group
  • 683 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southwest Virginia

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:05 AM

Yup. Anyone can petition for C&R determination. See 178.26.
  • 0