13 replies to this topic

#1 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

All -

Picked my 1928 up today. I have shot the gun before (my transferror has an indoor class 3 and lets you shoot while waiting for paperwork) but haven't had a chance to tear it down and take a look inside. I did that this afternoon and most everything is in good shape, except I am missing a felt oiler. I already ordered one and installed PK's refinished actuator. More pics to follow after a good cleaning session this weekend. Here is a snap with a Merle tuned C drum installed and the vertical foregrip. I have the horizontal grip, an L drum and some 20/30 round sticks I have added along the way. I woundn't mind getting a new set of wood from Dan (both front grips, stock and rear grip). I also need to get a correctly sized hard case for it.

user posted image

#2 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:01 PM

Awesome!

Now no shooting the X-Mas lights in the neighborhood.

At least until you get a silencer!

#3 John in IN

John in IN

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:25 PM

Congrats! Looks great. Gotta love that C drum!!!

#4 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2882 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 09:17 PM

Nice...very nice. Congratulations biggrin.gif

#5 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 09:32 PM

Wow!
Zamm

#6 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:12 PM

Chris

Looks Great and well worth the wait !!

Chuck

#7 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:42 PM

Rub it in Chris. I'm saving my pumpkins, and PCx, for a face to face. What are you doing tomorrow?

#8 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:42 PM

Very happy for you! So nice....don't you love the look and feel? How much was she?

#9 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone.

Just some more specifics- this is obviously a West Hurley. It is a very late manufacture (28XXA) gun. Funny thing is it runs like a top with all WH internals, except for the actuator which I replaced today for cosmetic reasons. I ordered an internals kit from IMA and will replace everything this week. I figure that even though it runs, at least my spare parts box will have some filler. WH parts generally are "plum" colored and are easily identified during disassembly.

I purchased this from Kathy Polling last Feburary for around 10K for the gun, sling, both grips, L drum and a stick. Very nice lady, BTW.

Phil - My congressman Elijah Cummings (D, 7th District) helped me get this gun by unsticking my paperwork. I don't like Babs or pretty much any of my elected respresentatives. They are all career politicians. If the districting around here was only a little different (currently drawn to favor the democrats)... well you know the rest of the story. I have to give the man credit, his office did help and my paperwork was done within 24 hours of calling. Democrat, Republican or other, I respect the fact that they understood it was legal and still helped me anyway, politics aside. I know about the registration thing.... I don't like it but understand I have to do it. They seem to check it once a year. Actually, I know you used to live in this state. The only thing good about here is that they will sign all forms provided you pass a background check and only the Maryland State Police do it. So you have to wait a few weeks, but no one I know has ever been rejected or been given a hard time for CLEO signoff.

Roland - Watching my Redskins get their butts handed to them by Philly. But, I promise we will go shooting soon. I want to get the breech oiler installed first.

Chris.

#10 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2120 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:17 PM

Congratulations! Best of luck with that. Have you contacted PK yet for the full treatment?

#11 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:09 PM

Congratulations Chris! biggrin.gif It looks so fine, I wish it was mine!! blink.gif smile.gif laugh.gif Regards, Walter

#12 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 04:48 PM

Chris,

Congratulations and many happy times with your Thompson!

MP

#13 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:08 AM

Way to go, and a working "C" drum to boot.

#14 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:32 AM

Very, VERY nice!! You'll have many years of fun with it!

And I'm jealous! I don't have a "C" drum!!! ohmy.gif

john