Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com Joins Forces With Gun Control Group!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:10 PM

Amazon.com Joins Forces with Gun Control Group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com Joins Forces with Gun Control Group- (12/17)
National

Amazon.com, the online superstore, has united with the anti-gun movement this holiday season.

Amazon.com is promoting the Million Mom March, a group known for its support of strict gun control laws and regulations. It will give five percent of every sale to the organization when visitors access AmazonÆs website through the Million Mom March site.

In 2001, the Million Mom March joined the Brady Campaign and the Brady Center to become the largest grassroots, non-partisan, anti-gun organization.

Since then, the group has supported many anti-gun proposals, such as New Jersey Assembly Bill 3942, which was proposed to outlaw the sale of .50 caliber or larger firearms including muzzleloaders. Fortunately for sportsmen, the bill was withdrawn in January. Similar legislation has been introduced in California, Illinois, New York and Virginia.

The Million Mom March also strongly opposed Senate Bill 1805, a congressional bill that would have protected firearm and ammunition manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and importers from frivolous lawsuits brought by victims of gun abusers.

Take Action! Sportsmen across the nation should contact Amazon.com and educate them about the Million Mom MarchÆs goals to impose unnecessary gun control laws that threaten the rights of law abiding sportsmen and shooters. Contact President Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, Inc. 1200 12th Ave. South Suite, 1200, Seattle, Washington 98144. Phone (206) 266-1000.

U.S. SportsmenÆs Alliance, 801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229

Phone: (614) 888-4868 Fax: (614) 888-0326

Doug Jeanneret, Director of Communications: djeanneret@ussportsmen.org

Beth Ruth, Associate Director of Communications: bruth@ussportsmen.org

#2 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:13 PM

Fockers won't be getting a penny of my business anymore ala PayPal all over again.

#3 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

So, I'm guessing that the MMM is simply lying about the "donation" aspect of their "relationship" with amazon. com (MMM amazon donation claim). I suspect they're just one of 900,00 amazon "associates" that receive referral fees for directing traffic to amazon.com: Amazon Associates Program

#4 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

What we need is a good hacker (speak up) who knows how to plant the prong on these assholes. Legal like, such as sending them tons of email, at the click of a single button.

I have seen it done and its really nasty.

What a bunch of freaks.

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 25 December 2004 - 10:16 AM

Now John jr, that's the nicest thing I heard you say in a while! A good hacker would be the best. I know we have a few computer geeks here also. Come on, let us know.
I also say, we start a "Million Individual Legal Firearms" march, or MILF's. And rally at the same time as the MMM's. I can see the news now "MMM is followed by MILFS". I hope they don't think it's the "Mom's I'd Like to F*ck" march. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#6 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 26 December 2004 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (catnipman @ Dec 24 2004, 08:26 PM)
So, I'm guessing that the MMM is simply lying about the "donation" aspect of their "relationship" with amazon. com (MMM amazon donation claim). I suspect they're just one of 900,00 amazon "associates" that receive referral fees for directing traffic to amazon.com: Amazon Associates Program

So we need to set up a link thru the NRA.... Guess who would make more money.....

#7 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:07 PM

ZBigDaddy, that's an outstanding idea! NRA could rake in a bunch of money for basically doing nothing.

To further that idea, maybe Nick should become an associate too, and obtain some funding for this site!

#8 Sig

Sig

• 1626 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:55 AM

Anyone else send a comment to Jeff on this? I just did.

#9 Sig

Sig

• 1626 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (LIONHART @ Dec 24 2004, 04:10 PM)

Take Action! Sportsmen across the nation should contact Amazon.com and educate them about the Million Mom MarchÆs goals to impose unnecessary gun control laws that threaten the rights of law abiding sportsmen and shooters. Contact President Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, Inc. 1200 12th Ave. South Suite, 1200, Seattle, Washington 98144. Phone (206) 266-1000.

Jeff Bezos is the President of Amazon.com

#10 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:13 PM

What was the tone of your letter? Doesn't seem you can ask that they not let certain groups participate based on political views.

#11 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:23 PM

Sig, you have a great talent for writting. Maybe you could draft a letter that we all could use to send to this Jeff guy. If he would start getting tons of letters with the same tone, maybe he'll see some very dim light. Of course it could be that train barreling down on him.