- - - - -

What I Got For Christmas....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 sportster

sportster

• Regular Group
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, shooting, and more shooting, mainly FA.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:23 AM

I guess Christmas was good as usual. I got a S&W 500 with 4" barrel. I am taking it out in a couple of hours for a test drive. It sure looks BIG. I will find out if it is as much fun as my .454 Casull. I am shooting the 440gr. Hard Cast rounds. Merry Christmas everyone.

Rick

#22 John in IN

John in IN

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:32 AM

I got a Merle "ized" C drum for Christmas. Should have the gun to go with it pretty soon now! biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Merry Christmas!

John

#23 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:37 AM

My wife got me Gordon's book....

She says it was a gift for everyone as well, now that I will be off reading for hours!

Happy Holidays!

#24 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4624 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 11:04 AM

`3 Stooges` dvd collection

That's what I wanted. I did get a remote starter for the new truck, now that it has to sit outside during the winter. New House and the garage is not big enough for my truck and Harley and the wifes new TrailBlazer. That new garage will be next year. I did get the paperwork started for my suppressor on my P22. Sure do love that 1918A3 Hawkeye Joe. Marks, I saw two cans just like that at the Richmond Indiana show last week, along with the Tippman 1919 semi auto of course. But it was a perfect replica in minature.

#25 Kevin

Kevin

• Regular Group
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes
    Guns
    Hot Rods

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:41 PM

I got HOME! only a day late blink.gif
Kevin

#26 DTD

DTD

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Shooting sports, Ice Hockey,
    Chess, Golf, Collector Cars

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:42 PM

I got a new L Drum from Santa [alias PK] Claus.
Got it on Christmas Eve since I live in Colorado too!
Also a new computer on order - I don't even have
enough harddrive space on my current one to
store anymore Thompson pics!
Hope you all are having a great holiday,

Dave

http://mywebpages.co...bsite/LDrum.jpg

#27 GESMod28

GESMod28

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Subguns
    Target shooting
    Private Pilot - Flying

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:54 PM

The wife bought me a S & W Sigma 9mm with 2 high-capacity magazines. Came with a coupon for 2 extra - 16 rd mags. from S & W. Legal in Pennsylvania.

#28 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:48 AM

I shopped early at SAR - purchased a BAR and American 180.

#29 knobcreeknut

knobcreeknut

• Regular Group
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:06 PM

I bought my own presents this year, with the blessings of the wife. kimber custom cdp, new gun safe, benchmade knives, and alot of other stuff. With my job going out of business( galyans) i've been buying up every good deal while I can. can't pass up half price safes. also waiting on American Thunder II that the wife ordered for me.

#30 wildwilly2002

wildwilly2002

• Regular Group
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:25 PM

Bought myself FA uzi for X-mas. Called BATF just before X-mas. 60 days pending now. HUMBUG!

#31 akviper

akviper

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:48 PM

My beautiful wife found a S & W Model 27 made in 1953. I'm waiting for better weather to try it out. Happy New Year.

#32 maverick4440

maverick4440

• Regular Group
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:47 PM

I was in an antique store last september while waiting for My cat to get spayed. There was a real pretty Springfield trapdoor two band rifle in there with cleaning rod and a minty bore. I looked it over, Mentioned to My wife what a nice rifle it was for the price, Put it back in the glass case and completely forgot about it till I found it under the tree Christmas morning. She snuck back to the antique store and layed it away while I was browsing the Ace hardware I guess. I felt kind of bad as My gift to her paled in comparison. Gotta love em!
Maverick

#33 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:48 PM

A Model 27 made in 1953. Man, you do have a beautiful wife. My wife bought me the next best thing.....powertools. Now if I could only keep her from touching them. She makes smoke come out of the motors and stuff. They don't run good when they lose their smoke.

#34 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:47 PM

No guns this year for me. My wife and I went in together and bought a laptop computer for each other's present. I did get a box of .22 lr for the Henry lever action she bought for me last Chritsmas. I am glad y'all had a safe and Merry Christmas.

Scott

#35 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 04:52 PM

I received-

1 case of Federal 230 grain ball .45 ACP - My father got this from a friend who is an armorer - price was around 6 bucks a box!
200 Winchester 9mm
100 Winchester .357 magnum
The Gun that Made the '20's Roar - Helmer
AO/Kahr polo shirt (sent the wrong size... go figure)

.... and ....

American Thunder II (On backorder sad.gif )

and from me to me - an IMA 1928 internals parts kit for the WH.

Wishing everyone a happy New Year....

Chris.

#36 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:48 PM

A couple of the things I got.......

The smiles of my family as they enjoyed every gift they opened on Christmas morning! Then my whole extended family showed up at Two PM for food and fun! It was GREAT!!

A 3 foot long Rapala "fishing" lure....Chartreuse tiger. I guess I could troll with it on the anchor rope, but it'll look much better hanging in the family room!

A couple "L" drums ( a really nice, non-numbered NY.NY. in a very nice pouch and a brand-new West Hurley) at the SAR show, which my wife attended with me....quite a gift in itself!

Spoke to my new CLEO (a truly decent lady who deserved to make it to the top!) about C3.....she has no problems with me adding new stuff to my collection, and so this led to the next item......

My wife freed up some finances for a C&R Sten MKII that I located.......gotta get the transfer going on that! And this is really for my Son and Daughter who really think a Sten is a cool gun! Don't get me wrong....they love the Thompson and the S&W 76, too! But a Sten is something new and different....

All in all, a very decent holiday!! wink.gif Now I just gotta start working overtime to pay for it all.

john

#37 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:24 AM

I got the FLU, been in bed since sunday!! any home made receipes out there? I can't get rid of it!

#38 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Nick Iannamico @ Dec 29 2004, 05:24 AM)
I got the FLU, been in bed since sunday!! any home made receipes out there? I can't get rid of it!

Might I suggest Crown Royal. tongue.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. Get well soon!

#39 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Nick Iannamico @ Dec 29 2004, 05:24 AM)
I got the FLU, been in bed since sunday!!  any home made receipes out there?  I can't get rid of it!

Nick, Sir Winston Churchill once said, "If you're going through Hell, keep going!" blink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif Get Well!! biggrin.gif Best Regards, Walter

#40 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 30 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

Exactly right, Phil! smile.gif blink.gif laugh.gif