Thompson 80% Receivers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tonetiup

Tonetiup

• Regular Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 04:36 PM

I have a mill smith ready to make up 50 80% receiver's I need to know how many pre orders there are? If you are interested class II or just want to make one of the finest replica Thompson's around please let me know ASAP. The price will be 750.00 with the engraving on the sides. If I get enough preorders I will commit to this project. I can do some custom engraving on pre orders
Thanks
Tom Stewart

Contact Information

Name: Tom Stewart

Street Address:

City: Peoria

State/Province: Arizona

Zip/Postal Code: 85383

Telephone Number:

E-Mail Address: toneitup@aol.com

#2 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:28 PM

My first reaction to this is...

Interesting! and Expensive!

Show us more - pictures, etc.

We don't even know if this is a 21, 28, or M1.

And sorry for being rude - welcome to the Board!

#3 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1634 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:39 AM

giantpanda4
Don't think the price is that much different than Doug Richardson's (DR) price for a display receiver and engraving, that is IF you can get one. Last time I remember Doug doing a run on them was about 2 years ago and IIRC they were all sold out within days. However, DR has the small parts to finish it, such as fake pilot and actuator.
michael

#4 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 780 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:12 AM

Seems a bit steep for a piece of metal that doesn't do anything. You could get some nice 'functional' Thompson parts with that dough, just my $.02. rolleyes.gif

Mike Hammer

#5 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:47 AM

If you can afford $6,500 for a handfull of metal and wood that doesn't do anything, what's another $750 to mount some of it on?

#6 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1634 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:25 AM

Merry Ploughboy
Well said. I don't think there is anything comparable to Doug Richardson's display receivers out there if he has them. Maybe Tom will be making something worthy to make a TSMG envious.
michael