Is This Hammer Awfully Worn Out?

I have about 1,500 rounds on this hammer and it seems quite worn to me for that small amount of ammo use. Does this seem like normal wear? My picture isn't the greatest but there is quite a bit of wear, to the point of a noticeable depression with uneven wear in the depression itself. I didn't notice the wear until after the bolt was dissassembled and I cannot figure out what is causing the wear to that point of the hammer since it is the area near the "bottom" of the hammer's channel in the bolt and not the area of the hammer which is in contact with the firing pin. There is also a fair amount of wear on the adjoining surface or the opposite lean side of the depression though this wear is limited to removal of the blueing which is then leaving a polished surface. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/928640/Hammer.JPG

Yes, something is wrong. What are the markings on the hammer (Is it "S", "AOC" or a new manufacture). Is the hammer new to the gun and the other intertnals (bolt, firing pin, and firing pin spring) old to the gun? Suggest you put in another hammer and closely monitor what happens. My .02.