Photo
- - - - -

What's The Selling Price For Original Fbi Cases?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:29 PM

I may be able to purchase an original hard case with the "velvet" interior, I think it's an FBI style case. I haven't seen it. I was wondering what a case like this would sell for in "good" condition. I don't need exact values to match a grade of condition, just a starting price.

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4626 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:16 PM

$2000-$2500. That is what the last 2 asking prices are. And the people still have them.

EDITED
Sorry I had the 200 in there. It should have been $2k. smile.gif

#3 pca16

pca16

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

ORIGIONAL CASES CAN RANGE FROM 600-3500+ DEPENDING ON CONDITION AND VARIATION. AN ORIGIONAL SWETNAM CASE IN GOOD CONDITION 2000-3000. A POLICE CASE WITH THE EAGLE MFG. SIDE LATCHES IN GOOD CONDITION 3000 - 4000. THE COLOR OF THE INSIDE ALSO PLAYS A PART. FBI CASES WERE A BLUE/PURPLE COLOR. THE POLICE CASES WERE USUALLY A VIOLET COLOR,HOWEVER THE COMPANY THAT MADE MOST OF THE POLICE CASES ALSO MADE SOME FBI CASES, THESE HAD THE VIOLET IN THEM AND ARE VERY RARE. THE FBI CASES WENT D/M/S(DRUM,MAG,STOCK). THE POLICE CASE IS M/S/D. IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN CALL ME AT 1-814-598-2628. I WILL TRY TO HELP. BRIAN GUSTAFSON.

#4 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

Brian,
That's some pretty cool info!
What this forum is famous for...
Please feel free to share more of your knowledge on anything Thompson smile.gif
Best, Zamm

#5 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:25 AM

Hey Brian,

I was looking through some old emails and noticed that your the guy(your P.D.) I sold a Form 10 Colt Navy Overstamp to last year! I'll have to give you a call.

Jim Sinnema
Cascade Armory

Here's a picture of the ol' beater wink.gif user posted image

#6 pca16

pca16

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:59 PM

Jim,Thats my "shooter". Saved it from the saw.................call and we'll chat. Brian.