Kahr Semi M1 Sbr Is Here

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (LIONHART @ Jan 19 2005, 04:28 PM)
I wonder if HK would be interested in manufacturing Thompson's? Bet the price would double!

IF HK produced these, they would be twice as much, and would be WORTH every penny at that! All a Kahr Semi is, is an OVERPRICED Jenning's laugh.gif

LOL, but HK would only do it if they could place their mark on it....

Perhaps an Edsel! <

#22 Liberator

Liberator

• Regular Group
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:00 PM

A little update, I sent them a nasty-gram and they're mailing out the correct wood and hardware as well as the screws. As far as the other stuff goes, I have all the gunsmithing tools and I'll enjoy staking the front sight (or whatever it comes to.) I really enjoy working on guns.

Ya know, sending it back would mean me sending it back to the morons that screwed it up in the first place and I know damn well I can do a better job myself. The action works just fine and that's the big one! But, yeah, they suck and shouldn't be rewarded for making a low-quality product.

Oh, and you should all know I'm not a total idiot; I bought a semi A1918 BAR from Ohio Ordnance smile.gif Now that's a quality piece of hardware!

Edited by Liberator, 19 January 2005 - 10:00 PM.

#23 anticus

anticus

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:History, ancient coins, antiques of all descriptions.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:09 PM

Liberator,

Can you post any pics of your BAR ?

thanks

#24 Liberator

Liberator

• Regular Group
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (anticus @ Jan 20 2005, 01:09 PM)
Liberator,

Can you post any pics of your BAR ?

thanks

Will do. I'll take some and get them up by this weekend.

#25 LongRifle

LongRifle

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

If it makes you feel any better here are the problems I had with my Semi when I got it in 1999: Hold on to your boots

- First day at the range, clearly a problem, gun shot 2 Feet to the left at 25 yards. Let me type that again so you don't think I made an error. 2 FEET to the left at 25 yards. The barrel was not straight. When you looked at it you could see the final 5 inches or so were noticeably bent.
- Same day, front site skewed to the left.
- Same day, 3 of the 4 screws fell out of the site, and I lost 1

Gun went back to Kahr, got it back with a new barrel fairly quickly

Next trip to the range
- Shot right on target
- Rear screws fell out again, lost 1
- Front site went to the left again
- Bolt shattered. Yep, right down the extractor channel. Just shattered like pot metal.

Gun went back to Kahr, along with many nasty grams

Gun came back fairly quickly, along with many emails from Kahr explaining that it is right this time

- They were right, the gun shot and function perfectly
- Site screws came loose. I was watching this time however. I tried every locktite (working my way up the power scale). I had to finally resortto the most powerful one on. that worked.

Today my rifle is the bomb. I love it. I have many, many guns and I shoot this the most, but what a hassle.