We Have A New Worlds Record

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:37 PM

I sure hope nobody in their right mind pays this much for this gun. OUCH! And not even a picture or description to go wiht it. I hope you get a big wet kiss.
I've never been one for holding back on what I think.

1921 for sale. No description!

#2 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:50 PM

Let's all email him for pics and description and offer him $15.5 since its such an old gun.

#3 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:40 PM

I couldn't get the link to work. Did they pull the ad?

#4 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:46 PM

Damnit Mike, that's why I always copy and paste the ad into the message board! Its gone!!!!!!!!

What did it say?

#5 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:14 AM

Was that the one for $140K?! The reason it's not up there is, somebody already bought it! ohmy.gif

#6 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:16 AM

Probably got pulled because of a new unwritten 'rule'.

140K? Was the dude going to throw in a couple pre-sample m249's? huh.gif

#7 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:18 AM

I am pretty sure it was an ad for a 95% 1921A for $37,500.

#8 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:28 AM

It was the one for $37.5. There was no desciption or anything. Just the headline. Buddy probably pulled the ad. Infact I see he posted another one of those "your post isn't disappearing by accident" messages. All the header said was "1921 Thompson $37.5 ......" I don't remember what the last couple words were.

#9 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:39 AM

It said 95% 1921A s/n 7XX $37,500, GC in AZ
grcc@earthlink.net

that was it.

#10 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:11 AM

Yep, that was it.

#11 pca16

pca16

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:50 PM

I viewed this gun at the SAR show. Infact it way displayed on the table I was at. Friend of the gentleman I stay with in Phoenix. Nice origional gun. I would rate 90%, But I don't like % as mine is certain to differ from yours. A bit high priced. At 30K would be a nice gun. Brian.

#12 h46pedro

h46pedro

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:30 PM

I e-mailed the guy and got a real nice reply. He said that Gordon Herigstad look at the gun, during the SAR show and said he thought the gun was 95%. Then he told me that some one else estimated it at 85%. He said it had a couple of nail holes in the but stock, which probally came from an ID tag. He bought the gun from Curtis Earl. That is all the information I have on the gun.
Al

#13 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:15 PM

Just another of the 20-odd Virgina State PD TSMG's that was no doubt used by Earl for mixing and matching parts with any number of his other TSMG's. If this actually is, or was, a 95% example, $37.5K would be in keeping with the current market if there were a couple of Colt L drums and shot mag that were included in the deal. Colt/Winchester BAR 1918/19's are now getting over $30K and they don't have any accessories other than the cheap 20 round mags and ammo belts. .

#14 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:25 PM

wow i wish i would have seen this one at the show,i could have put my blessing on it! wink!

95% plus you say........and somebody else stated 85%

you'd have no idea how i rate these thing's...and they are probably glad i did not see it!

for the asking price,heck a guy had two garand's for $100,000.000 about five tables over...and neal from ohio chugged out his $225,000.000 cannon,and his great double rifle's for a mere $85,000.00.........

and you could have bought a boxed set of tiny thompson's for $5,000.00..great x-mas gift at the time.

i went nuts for the half scale mp-38,but at $3,000.00..i have to give that one some thought.......{i have a room full of {why did i buy this} already's!

so i am sure somebody who just sold a pricey furrrrari!! or lambo.........or just's gotta have it will snap it up.

would i??not on a bet for even $20,000.00

but the half scale tommie's ummmm!!wink!

it will be there next year i'm sure,priced at $42,000.00.......i'm waiting for it to hit $50,000.00

remember some oaf said never too late just too early or something like that..........what a used car dealer......

my how we have gone over the cliff!

HAPPY FALL!

take care,ron