New Kahr L Drums

All,

Got home from work today and see a cardboard box on the front step. Looks just the right size for 3 L drums!! I'm thinking, this is the day!!! Finally!!!! Get the package and yes, I have drums!!!! I had seen some new drums at a local gun show on 1-2 January, so I knew what to expect. I opened all three boxes and so far I am pleased. Have not tried in 27A1 yet.

Many thanks to P.K. for throwing this group buy together!!!

How satisfied are you guys with your new L drums?

Next, we need a new C drum!!!! What is the status on that project, anybody know?

Mario Scarpino

Mario,

Kahr is scrambling forward with the C drum. I will ask on the status of the project when I speak with Frank Harris next week. Would really like to hear everyone's opinions on the drums. They are banned here in NY so I can't own one. I did get to look at one that Frank brought over to my house a couple of weeks ago. Was rainin like hell so I we did not shoot them off in the back yard but I got to hold it and look it over. The finish was all wrong but looked OK. Wonder how they fit/function. I have heard mixed reviews.

Damon

I received my drum today too, thanks again to PK for setting up this group buy. Overall fit and finish is decent, the drum key on mine was rather glossy versus the matte finish of the rest of the drum. I did have to do some minor tweaking on the feed rails inside and the rotor legs needed some minor filing to get rid of the sharp edges. As with my Kahr "X" drum the rounds sat too low for my bolt to pick them up so I had to bend the feed lips upwards slightly. Unlike the X drum, the new L drum slid right into my receiver easily the very first try. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get out to the range to see how it performs.

Dylan

Alrighty, range report time. I took the 1927A1 out in the blustery cold today to try the new Kahr L drum. Despite my fingers going numb I did my best to squeeze off all rounds as quickly as I could manage to see how the drum would feed. In short, you couldn't get this Jokeresque grin off my face if you tried. The new Kahr drum worked flawlessly.

Dylan