Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:56 PM

here is the link. http://www.iawca.org...s/thompdrwg.htm

#2 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:40 AM

Yes but note the date at the bottom.

The drawing will be held once all 500 tickets have been sold (expected Fall 2000).

#3 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

Also something else to note, as scarce as the Bridgeports are now, I wonder if they would even be considered as a drawing prize.

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:45 PM

I used to justify my Thompsons by saying it is a future investment. Honestly, I doubt I can ever sell them, so the investment part is kind of moot for me. I thought Phil's observation was an interesting one.

#5 John in IN

John in IN

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for bringing that up Nineteenhundred. I had bought a chance on that gun and completely forgot about it. Not that it matters since I didn't win sad.gif , just nice to find out how it ended.

#6 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 02:12 PM

Did someone here get that one? I know it's not the one used in "Combat!" but the provenance on it is still pretty dang good..

#7 Nineteenhundred

Nineteenhundred

• Regular Group
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

They had another Thompson drawing in 2002. http://www.iawca.org...002_drawing.htm