Boatload Of Thompson's For Sale @ Subguns.com

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2061 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:46 AM

The guy selling the 4 guns is probably the same guy who has the parts box on evilbay. He also has a 6 oiler set - and references that he still has 4 guns for sale.... fwiw

#22 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

The four guns listed in the first post of this thread are indeed LJ's. The prices are not just for the gun, but include a lot of extras that LJ has put together, including NY durms and Patent mags. For those of you who have been at the TCA annual show & shoot at Tracie's, you have seen this collection displayed. In the case of 147, he also has NY drum 147 in the set, even though they were never actually delivered as a set.

There is no question LJ is asking top dollar for his collection, but I will let the market decide whether he can get it. He has been heavily invovled in Thompson collecting for a long time and is a charter member of TCA. You won't find a nicer or more honest guy out there. He is just moving on to other priorities.

I also seriously considered #147, but also could not bring myself to sink that much into a single piece. Is it worth the price? Ask me in another couple years. For now, I will enjoy my Savage.

Roger

#23 aut-ord-co

aut-ord-co

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:00 PM

I agree with Roger about LJ. He is an A+ guy in all respects. I have displayed alongside LJ and his collection for many years at the annual TCA shows.

#24 rkr

rkr

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, gun collecting, shooting, model tank building and my family

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:06 PM

I could not agree more about LJ. He made my first TCA convention a real pleasure. Never treated my dad and I like outsiders. I saw all the colts and they were nice but very high for todays market but tomorrow?????